Location/Org : Brand
Location : City
Location : State/Province
Kindred Hospice, part of the Kindred at Home family of hospice, home health, palliative, and community care providers, focuses on clinical excellence with compassion and dignity. Our company culture centers around humility, servant leadership, empathy, and innovation while we serve as a leader in the home care industry. Our people and our patient care allow us to make a difference when life matters most. We are passionate about what we do because our care matters.
We’re looking for an Admissions Coordinator to join our team.
You will report directly to the Executive Director. You will be responsible for the timely admission of all patients to the program and serve as the lead coordinator of all patient admissions activity.
- Responsible for contacting the patient and family within 1 hour of referral, and coordinating all admissions within the 3-hour admission Commitment
- Processes referrals by obtaining sufficient admission and insurance information in order to ensure appropriate and timely admission of patients
- Participates as a member of the marketing team by: actively seeking new referral sources; developing and maintaining positive relationships with referral sources; assist in developing strategies and plans for site and company growth
- Ensures maximum reimbursement through initial payer source, benefits, and eligibility verification, authorization processes, and accurate data entry into Company computer system. Completes required payer source verification forms
- Provides accurate insurance and admission information to admission staff in order to ensure appropriate disclosure of rights and responsibilities, financial liabilities and benefit plan details to patients and their families
- Provides Billing Coordinator, or designee, with insurance and billing documentation as needed for final confirmation prior to admission and/or submission of bill
- High school diploma or equivalent with customer service experienced required
- Must have strong communication, organization, negotiation and public relation skills and be proficient with the PC including the MS suite of products.
- Hospice or medical office experience preferred
- LPN/LV certification or Bachelor’s degree in business, social work, psychology or nursing or equivalent business experience preferred
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health Insurance, 401k Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, PTO
- Opportunity to Participate In a Fleet Program
- Competitive Salaries
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Professional Growth and Development Opportunities
- This is a safety-sensitive position
- Employee must meet minimum requirements to be eligible for benefits
- Where applicable, employee must meet state specific requirements
- We are proud to be an EEO employer
- We maintain a drug-free workplace