The Operations Team Manager position is responsible for managing the team that performs non-selling duties to support the selling function of the store and to exercise discretion to drive store profitability. The Operations Team Manager position is exempt and reports to the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager-Merchandising.
- Manage maintain floor and stock areas consistent with store standards
- Supervise the team performing the process of unloading and sorting merchandise cartons received on trailers. Move new merchandise to the appropriate processing drop zone on the sales floor in a safe and timely manner utilizing equipment such as rolling flats, carts and z-racks
- Processing / Placement Management
- Supervise the team performing merchandise unpacking and unwrapping to ensure readiness for merchandising on the sales floor. Includes applying sensor tags per company standard.
- Price Change Management/ Merchandise Return Management
- Drive the Customer Omni Experience by leading the teams that pick and pack the customer orders.
- Supervises the team pulling and processing transfers, returns to vendors (RTV), damages, and mark out of stock (MOS) merchandise.
- Maintenance & Housekeeping Management
- Ensure maintenance tasks are being executed including light bulb replacement, ceiling tile replacement and sales floor and maintenance supplies.
- Manage the removal of packing materials from processing drop zones. Supervise cardboard and plastic for recycling process.
- Ensure team is maintaining the cleanliness of the sales floor and the receiving area following processing on truck days
- Manage the store housekeeping. Housekeeping includes responsibility for the cleanliness of the facility specifically the restrooms, associate lounge, and office areas.
- Maintain a safe shopping and working environment
- Responsible for communication with Corporate Store Operations that would include but not limited to Facilities Management, JLL repair, Operational Process, etc. to provide information regarding store needs.
- Ownership of review and execution of store internal audit processes
- Lead associates to support meeting or exceeding sales goal.
- Manage team to meet or exceed all operational goals including cartons per hour and shrinkage control
- Ensure proper execution of all existing systems and procedures, and take ownership of new system implementations and processes. Train team on various systems as needed.
- Develop the Support Team
- People Management
- Recruit, interview, select and retain quality associates and ensure all positions are filled in a timely manner
- Maintain high store morale. Provide through efficient, timely communications of policies and other information. Identify concerns or problems that develop within the store and drive efficient resolution
- Team receives and completes all necessary paperwork
- Train support associates in correct processes and procedures.
- Provide effective coaching in order to improve performance of all associates
- Conduct timely reviews and communicate development needs, you identify with subordinate. Set goals and identify areas for improvement
- Communicate with associates on possible career paths and advancement opportunities
- Develop and promote a diverse team
- Communicate consistently with truck day sales floor management and store manager. Solve and escalate issues as appropriate
- Accept additional duties or share responsibilities during busy times and/or as requested by Management
- Supervise and manage entire store as needed.
- Supervise customer service experience as needed.
- Open and close the store, including weekends
- Approve select point of sale transactions such as returns and voids
- Resolve escalated customer service issues as needed
- Understand and use all building operating systems
- Ensure team follows all policies and procedures related to Asset Protection and safety – such as floor sweeps
- Ensure team uses safety equipment at all times in accordance with OSHA regulations
Education / Experience Requirements:
Position Contribution Level: Intermediate Level
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in retail management
- Leadership experience
Knowledge / Skills Requirements:
Proficient in computer business-related computer equipment and software (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc).
- Ability to use computer keyboard, standard telephone and other related business equipment
- Must be able to lift up to 72 lbs at floor level and/or team lift when necessary
- Ability to push / pull receiving equipment weighing up to 500 lbs such as rolling flats, z-racks and pallet jacks
Supervisor: Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager of Merchandising
Supervises: Operations Team Leads and Operations Associates
Belkcareers.com is committed to making the on-line application experience easy and accessible to individuals with disabilities. We are constantly making improvements to comply with the spirit of the “Americans with Disabilities Act,“ and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. If any of the information on the belkcareers.com website is not accessible to you due to a disability, please contact us via email at HRSharedServices@Belk.com. Please provide the location of the inaccessible information and the format you wish to have the information presented and we will be happy to send it to you, either via your email address or a separate mailing address you provide. If you prefer, you may contact one of our friendly Shared Services representatives at 1-800-588-3700 and we will be happy to assist you with the application process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We treat all our associates and candidates as equals. We require all associates and managers to do so too and comply with employment laws and regulations. All personnel actions are conducted in the spirit of equal employment. We are committed to recruit, train, promote and retain associates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identification and expression, national origin, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.