Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Our LUMBER facility in Pineland, Texas is seeking a Boiler CAT Operator.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Operate front end loader to keep proper mix of fuel on feed chains to boilers, mix proper boiler fuels in storage shed for weekend uses, operate fuel truck to empty storage bins to obtain additional boiler fuel as needed, perform preventative maintenance to both front end loader, fuel truck, and bark conveying systems, maintain excellent housekeeping in all assigned daily clean up areas.
- Check boiler equipment for proper operation, perform a running boiler water chemical test and to make proper adjustments on boiler water, learn function of plant steam system, condensate systems, and water treatment systems.
- Show continuous growth of knowledge and skill to safely operator and maintain the boiler systems.
- Process through the new boiler PSQ manuals, and field certification and showing continuous improvements in a reasonable time frame.
- Complete minor repairs to equipment, and required greasing route and basic care routes on all equipment within the powerhouse responsibility.
What You Will Need:
- Previous experience operating a Front End Loader
- High school diploma/GED or five (5) years of work history in a manufacturing, industrial, military, construction, or warehouse environment
- Six (6) months or more of experience working in a manufacturing, industrial, construction, military, corrections, or warehouse environment OR in lieu of this, a Manufacturing Skills Standard Council Production Technician Certification
- Willing and able to work any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to change shifts when given short notice (e.g. one day's notice)
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
- Willing and able to work without any jewelry
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience in boiler operation and fire protection systems
- Previous work experience in a powerhouse and/or recovery/utilities area for a manufacturing or industrial environment
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf