Project Staff Accountant- Immediate Need
Payroll Accountants, working with Vaco gives you an advantage over your competition through relationships with the human resources manager and hiring managers directly. We are currently looking to fill our client's Staff Accountant position and we want to hear from you! Think of us as an advocate who will promote your strengths and prepare you for your interviews supplying you with key info on our client.
Our recruiters will be able to provide great insight about trends in the market-keeping you up to date on compensation expectations, company culture and growth opportunities. If your background is in accounting and you want to partner with the best, apply today!
As a Payroll Accountant, you will be assisting the Payroll Director with a myriad of payroll related accounting functions. you will play an integral role in accurately preparing our client's accounting records and performance. You will be responsible for a variety of general accounting functions as well as providing accounting support for senior staff if needed.
Payroll Accountant responsibilities:
- Handling payroll GL reconciliations
- Researching past due tax notices
- Performing GL and account reconciliation and analysis
- Coordinating with regions to get their financial results, combining and consolidating
- Handling bank reconciliation and daily bank updates
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Reconciliation experience
- Payroll accounting experience is a plus
Accountants, this is the perfect opportunity to grow your career and gain experience. Here's what you will need to succeed in this role.
Staff Accountant requirements:
• Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
• 1+ years of experience in general accounting
• Experience with large ERP (Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft), a plus
• Strong systems skills are highly desired as well as intermediate Excel skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills