Jewish Family and Children’s Service (JFCS) mission is strengthening the community by providing behavioral health, healthcare and social services to all ages, faiths and backgrounds.
The Visitation Specialist provides supervised visitation to families involved with the Department of Child Safety (DCS). Will work closely with DCS staff and other service providers to schedule and carry out supervised visits. The Visitation Specialist will supervise visitation between children and their parents and provide transportation to and from visits.
- Provides direct service to program participants at 60% productivity target including transportation, supervised visitation, and flexible work schedule.
- Communicates directly and regularly with other team members, and outside agencies and services, regarding participant needs and progress in order to ensure coordinated services that best meet the participant’s needs.
- Completes client record documentation professionally, on-time, using the Agency’s electronic medical record system.
- Participates in regular staff meetings, JFCS agency meetings as required, and community and client-related meetings as a representative of JFCS when appropriate.
- Participates in required and ongoing program training to increase knowledge of best practices and be in compliance with funding and regulatory requirements.
- Completes agency mandated personnel documentation accurately and in a timely manner, i.e., timesheets, mileage forms, supervision and training logs, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with related college courses and relevant experience.
- Must hold a valid Arizona Driver’s License and be able to transport children.
- Ability to receive and maintain fingerprint clearance card without any restriction(s)
- Employees will be required to act in a manner that is in accordance with current ethical standards and promotes a positive public image for the organization and the profession. All actions will be in accordance with applicable state and federal laws and the established professional standards.
- Familiarity with the child welfare system.
- Experience working with children and families.
- MVR record in compliance with JFCS / DCS standards
- Reliable transportation
- AZ Driver's License
- AZ Auto Insurance
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job including prolonged sitting and in certain positions driving, lifting 20lbs, walking, standing and executing dexterity with a keyboard or smart pad.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.