To go quickly, go alone. To go far, go together. As part of Axway, you'll pursue your goals for professional and personal growth alongside the most capable, inventive, and dedicated minds in data integration technology. You'll join us in promoting and perfecting the value of Axway AMPLIFY™, our groundbreaking hybrid integration platform that enables enterprises to seamlessly connect their people, systems, customers and ecosystems using industry-leading API, SaaS, Cloud, MFT, B2B, and Content Collaboration solutions. You'll exchange ideas with a culturally rich global community of over 1,800 members who connect remotely or show up onsite in virtually every time zone on the planet. And you'll have the support and camaraderie of your Axway leadership and colleagues to serve as a reminder that you're not alone on your journey, and that every day, you've taken one more step forward. With Axway, you'll go far because we're better together.
Axway, Inc., the North American division of Axway, a leading global provider of collaborative business solutions, with over 2,000 employees worldwide is looking to add a junior level attorney with relevant contract and industry experience to its' legal team.
As a Corporate Counsel at Axway you will manage, draft, and negotiate various contracts throughout the contractual cycle and assist in the formulation of business and strategy with Axway's internal teams. In addition, the position will be responsible for assisting with developing form contracts, operational processes and internal policies, as well as assist in compliance and privacy/security matters.
A successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of software licensing or 5 years of general contracting experience.
All candidates must have JD from an accredited law school and current bar membership. International business experience and foreign language skills are an advantage.
- Oversees, prepares, drafts, and negotiates contracts including software licenses, professional services agreements, statements of work, and nondisclosure agreements.
- Manages the legal activities of the company with the objective of protecting the company's interests and mitigating legal risk.
- Manage all documents through the legal process and partners closely with Axway's internal teams (including Sales, Finance, and Marketing) with respect to legal matters and contract disposition.
- Significant contracting and negotiation experience in high volume environment.
- Experience working in fast-paced environment, detail oriented, and prompt decision maker.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with various levels of company up to and including senior management
- Strong business acumen and ability to adapt to changing needs of business.
- Knowledge of financial revenue recognition rules
- Member in good standing of a State Bar - Arizona (or California bar a plus)
- All candidates must have Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and current bar membership.
- Experience working with sales and in-house legal environments
- Specific contracting experience focused in software industry and understanding of software or tech industry standards.
- Compliance, export, and data privacy law and GDPR knowledge and experience a plus
- Knowledge and experience with federal contracting laws and contract disposition a plus
Axway is an EEO and AA Employer