Phoenix Union High School District No. 210
4502 North Central Avenue Phoenix, Arizona 85012
Equal Opportunity Employer
POSITION TITLE: Security Assistant DIVISION: Instructional Services
WORK YEAR: 9 Months DEPARTMENT: As Assigned
Range: 4 SALARY: $14.47
- May qualify for shift differential depending on hours.
The Security Aide maintains a safe learning environment and orderly conduct of the student body and protects and secures all District property at the campus level. Performs job related duties as assigned.
- Enforces all campus and District rules and regulations.
- Inspects and secures campus buildings and equipment.
- Patrols parking lots and directs traffic and parking on campus.
- Assists in fire and safety inspection of buildings, tests safety equipment and identifies related hazards.
- Patrols campus buildings and grounds to ensure that only students with valid I.D.'s or authorized persons are on campus and that students do not leave campus grounds without authorization.
- Prevents loitering and vandalism on campus during class hours; escorts campus visitors.
- Escorts disruptive students from classrooms and, if required, keeps them under supervisions for a specified period of time.
- Prepares weekly activity reports and referral reports as necessary.
- Defuses physical and verbal altercations.
- Informs Security Assistant/Lead Security of campus activities.
- Notified appropriate emergency agencies and Administration in the event of on-campus injuries and prepares related reports.
- Participates in mandatory District/Local in-service training programs.
POSITION TITLE: Security Assistant
- High School diploma or GED.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Subject to local police check.
- Knowledge of pertinent laws related District policies and procedures.
- Effectively demonstrate both oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff, students, parents, and outside agencies.
- Must possess a valid Arizona Driver's License.
- Must possess current Red Cross first aid certificate and CPR certificate at time of employment or obtain within first 60 days of employment and maintain on a current status.
- Ability to maintain necessary records.
- Must be willing to accept in-service training.
- Ability to be physically capable of performing job functions.
Principal, Lead Security/Assistant Lead.
JDRC REVIEWED BY:
CEA REVIEWED BY:
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS JOB NUMBER:
3480 EFFECTIVE DATE: