Freshly is a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easy (for all kinds of people with all kinds of different needs) by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being a part of history and future success.
The Supplier Assurance Manager is responsible for providing food safety and quality oversight to Freshly’s supplier qualification program. This position will manage activities related to supplier verifications quality monitoring, as well as conducting on-site assessments of suppliers of finished products produced for Freshly. The responsibilities include direct management of food safety/quality assurance activities as related to suppliers of Co-Manufactured or Co-Packed goods.
- Develop and conduct new supplier compliance assessments to determine supplier capabilities.
- Responsible for performing raw material risk assessments of all new ingredients for compliance with Freshly’s FSQA policies and procedures and recommends actions regarding out-of-spec materials and ingredients and develops modifications, updates, and enhancements to existing policies
- Create and maintain records of all supplier qualification activities, as well as approved ingredient and supplier lists.
- Lead collaborative cross-functional process development with Procurement, Innovation and other required teams to ensure multi-faceted approach to supplier management.
- Create finished product specifications, sampling instructions, quality control procedures and other standard operating procedure for each contracted supplier.
- Acts as the point person for the identification of quality defects to ensure supplier compliance and resolution of issues.
- Assist in monitoring of regulatory trends that may impact suppliers; communicate with suppliers as needed to track compliance.
- 5+ years relevant experience in Food Safety and Quality Assurance in the food industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in science related field
- HACCP certified, PCQI certified and demonstrated auditing skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and handle urgent requests with rapid changes in priorities
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational skills and attention to detail are a must
- Effective time management and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to supplier facilities, up to 80%
- Ability to perform independently, as well as in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated and make an immediate and sustained impact to the company
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with safety policies and regulations to promote a safe working environment
- Ability to build a workplace culture that is capable of executing change to meet business objectives
- Ability to always be professional, work with integrity, and actively promote ethics and compliance with company policies
Freshly is a weekly subscription service delivering healthy and fully prepared meals directly to a customer’s doorstep. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit. Freshly makes embracing a healthier lifestyle deliciously simple, one box at a time. For more information, visit www.freshly.com.
Here’s some chatter about us:
WSJ - Nestle Buys Stake in Freshly, Putting Healthy Food On The Menu
Fortune - Nestle Leads $77M Funding Round In Meal-Delivery Startup Freshly
Techcrunch - Nestlé leads $77M Round For Healthy Meal Startup Freshly
- WSJ - Freshly Hires It's New CMO From Spotify - Mayur Gupta
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!