Are you doing what you love? We are! Why? At our core, we are a resiliency-building company. Our purpose is to unleash the power of our employees and participants to create a resilient world, one person at a time.
As an innovative learning and collaborative organization, every position contributes to this purpose and our employees are the heart of who we are. We support healthy work/life balance for our employees and invest in their potential through opportunities for continual learning and growth.
If this resonates with you, wed love for you apply!
Under close supervision, performs accounts payable functions, assigns GL codes to transactions, reconciles balance sheet accounts, assists with variance analysis, tracks prepaid expenses and accrued liabilities, maintains fixed asset and depreciation schedules, assists with month-end and year-end closing procedures, prepare a bi-weekly payroll, and other accounting related duties as needed.
- Reconcile and assign GL coding to employee reimbursement requests.
- Maintain tracking for prepaid expenses, accrued liabilities, and deposits.
- Maintain asset and depreciation records and make necessary journal entries to record asset acquisitions and dispositions and depreciation expense.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Prepares bi-weekly payroll and all related payroll reports.
- Processes garnishments, payroll related claims, overtime hours, employee withholding changes, retirement plan deductions, and other payroll related transactions.
- Maintain payroll files.
- Reconciles payroll and benefit accounts in the general ledger.
- Assist with GL trend and variance analysis to identify and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Assist with month-end and year-end close procedures.
- Assist with processing and recording daily receipts.
- Assist with bank deposit preparation.
- Assist with tracking tenant rents and receivables.
- Assists with the year-end independent audit. Includes preparing schedules, locating documents, and answering questions related to the staff accountant duties.
Education/Experience: Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor degree in accounting
- 3 years general accounting experience, either in a public accounting firm or in a private corporate accounting environment.
- Previous experience with accounting systems. Experience with QuickBooks and GP Dynamics preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Business equipment, computers, computer software and office procedures.
- How to manage and maintain medical records in accordance with clinical and legal guidelines.
- General accounting practices.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to meet constant stream of deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with accounting software and programs.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to communicate effective and appropriately.
- Ability to speak and write in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrate good judgment in determining what to communicate to who