SOC Analyst [JOB ID 20230918]
**Must be a U.S. Citizen**
Phoenix Cyber is looking for SOC Analysts to join our client delivery team. This is onsite at the client location in Chandler, AZ. This is a shift work position with some overnight work.
- Monitor and analyze network traffic, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), security events and logs; Prioritize and differentiate between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms.
- Develop, maintain, and follow SOC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Support daily and monthly situation reporting per shift.
- Proactively review large data sets for anomalous activity.
- Create detective content for monitoring devices such as IDS and SIEM and advise on proactive blocks for security architecture.
- Create and track security investigations to resolution.
- Compose security alert notifications and other communications.
- Advise incident responders on the steps to take to investigate and resolve computer security incidents.
- Stay up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures.
- This position requires the ability to work a shift schedule.
- The ideal candidate will be able to multitask and give equal attention to a variety of functions while under pressure.
- High school diploma or GED
- Two (2) years’ experience in security
- Experience in handling incident response
- Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH) certification or CompTIA CySA+ AND (within 6 months of hire) any from the CSSP Analyst, Infrastructure Support, or IR from the DOD 8570 list (or other similar certifications as approved by Government)
- Secret Clearance (active)
Phoenix Cyber is a national provider of cybersecurity engineering services, operations services, sustainment services and managed security services to organizations determined to strengthen their security posture and enhance the processes and technology used by their security operations team.
Phoenix Cyber is an equal opportunity employer and complies with Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), all amendments to these regulations, and applicable executive orders, federal, and state regulations. Applicants are considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and/or veteran status.
Phoenix Cyber participates in E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly-hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, go to https://www.e-verify.gov/
Our clients may require a COVID-19 vaccination to be on contract. Vaccination and any required clearance and/or certifications need to be maintained for employment at Phoenix Cyber.