Senior Security Consultant, Cox Business Sales Support
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Senior Security Consultant, Cox Business Sales Support
At Cox, we take security seriously. After all, we’re in the business of connecting businesses to products, services, and technologies they need to operate each day, so we only enlist the best in the business. We are searching for a Senior Security Consultant at Cox Business to lead the response to information security assurance requests related to customer RFPs, contracts or annual customer due diligence. Additionally, you will play a lead role in designing, building, and testing the information security assurance capabilities currently being built and deployed.
It’s a job that requires some serious leadership skills and strong capabilities in technology and security. If you’re looking for this kind of challenge, keep reading. We’ll tell you more about what you’ll do, and what experience you’ll need to have, as well as what you can expect from us.
What You’ll Do
- Clearly define and document functional and technical requirements for the integration of the Information Security Customer Assurance process.
- Proactively represent Information Security team requirements in the development and delivery sales support capabilities
- Lead inclusion of subsidiaries customer assurances process
- Coordinate and issue SOC2 Type II reports to authorized customers. Respond to cybersecurity questionnaires from customers in response to their security assurance requests.
- Work with the sales teams to understand and classify customers based on recurring revenue, industry vertical and products.
- Design metrics to support the work required
- Collaborate with information security boundary partners to determine compliance status
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Management and Legal departments to provide advice and guidance regarding information security provisions within contract agreements.
- Regularly communicates complex security issues, including root cause analysis, and champions ideas for change.
- Build consensus across cross-functional technology teams and business partners to manage security risk.
- Actively engages with other project teams and ensures project activities deliver desired risk posture.
- Update and maintain internal reporting, network folders, and department databases as required.
What’s In It For You?
Really good question, and we have some good answers that we hope you like.
- We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with Cox’s highly competitive pay plus other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer discounted Cox services (in specific Cox markets), tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
- Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. The Cox culture is one that values people more than technology, so it’s our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. It’s also important to work alongside colleagues who “get you.” At Cox, you’ll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
- Growth is a good thing, and you’ll have opportunities to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities across the Cox family of businesses that will continue to challenge and empower you. In the future, you may have the opportunity to cultivate customer relationships in other sectors where we operate like cleantech, health care and new forms of transportation mobility.
Who You Are
Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
Because it’s such a critical role, there are more than a few requirements that will assure you’re on track for this opportunity:
- 5 to 7 years professional experience, including at least 3 years of experience in Information Security
- Experience conducting and/or reviewing SOC 1, 2, and 3 report results
- Experience with common industry frameworks including PCI, NIST 800-53, etc
- Familiarity with ISO 27001 and PCI security requirements
- Regulatory exposure in Finance, Healthcare, or Telecommunications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed to communicate complex problems to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong collaboration skills to effectively drive understanding among cross-functional teams
- Proficient critical thinking, analytical skills, and competent professional judgment
- Ability to reach decisions under conditions of uncertainty and against competing priorities.
- BS / BA or MS / MA in Business Management, Information Systems, Information Security or closely related field
- Current information security certification (i.e. CISSP, CISM, CISA CRISC, etc.).
- Experience with project management methodologies, including Agile.
- Extensive knowledge in assessing the risks and security posture of suppliers.
- Experience participating in industry events and experience as a representative on an industry-wide panel or committee.
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.