Sr Accounts Payable Processor
This position is responsible for performing daily/monthly accounts payable processes in an accurate and timely manner. Flexibility, adaptability, collaboration and teamwork are a must in this fast-paced environment.
- Performs detailed invoice processing while ensuring proper backup documentation, payment terms and authorization
- Analyze and research invoice inconsistencies and discrepancies and provide resolution
- Reconcile vendor statements to ensure payment has been made, research and correct variances
- Respond to inquiries from both internal and external customers and vendors in a timely manner
- Ensure accounts payable policies and controls are followed
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Understand sales/use tax laws as they relate to purchases from vendors and ensure correct tax is paid on company purchases.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Minimum 1- 3 years of full cycle Accounts Payable required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, self-motivation and focused attitude are key
- Must be able to multi task, learn quickly, adapt to change and work independently when needed
- Proactive problem solving skills with strong follow through
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers at various levels in a courteous and professional manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective use of both verbal and written communication
- Organized work approach
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft office software to include Word, Outlook and Excel
- PeopleSoft experience a plus
- May be required to work outside regular work schedule
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 5 pounds or less 5% of the workday
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for all of the workday
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods throughout the workday.
- Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods throughout the workday.
- Work is performed indoors in a climate-controlled environment.