Risk & Compliance Training, Associate/AVP
- Requisition # 10039088-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Phoenix, ARIZONA
- Date Posted 10/16/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
This role provides an important function to ensure necessary compliance training is delivered to bank and branch personnel in adherence to the bank's Compliance Risk Management Training Program.
The role works closely with Talent Development and Learning (TDL), line of business compliance officers (BLCOs), and the lines of business to identify training needs in relation to applicable laws, rules, and regulations and determine optimal training solutions to address risk (particularly, online training solutions).
- Partners with BLCOs and TDL to review training content and ensure it is accurate and consistent with current regulations, policies and procedures
- Confirm and communicate training launch schedules with applicable lines of business
- Oversee completion tracking and overdue escalation of required training and provides quarterly training metrics/dashboards for senior leadership in Compliance and the lines of business
- Respond to inquiries about and for training content and training data, including the compiling, auditing, and analyzing training data for internal reviews, audits and external exams by the federal regulatory agencies
- Develop content, as needed, for compliance training initiatives and facilitate, where appropriate, virtual or in-person training sessions to employees at all levels
- Possess strong attention to detail and demonstrated success in working on teams, negotiating, project and time management, and communication with all levels of the organization
- BS or BA degree with four to six years of related experience
- It is important the individual has familiarity with adult learning principles and course design/development process
- Experience in banking/financial services is highly desirable, as well as an understanding of the regulatory environment, including deposit, credit, safety and soundness, privacy and information security, and financial crime-related regulations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.