Who we are:
As the first and largest specialty pharmacy integrator and accelerator, Shields Health Solutions sits at the nexus of the $200B specialty pharmacy industry. Shields builds and manages hospital-owned specialty pharmacies for health systems who want to offer coordinated care services for patients with chronic illness. Our patient-centric TelemetryRx platform enables health systems to improve medication adherence, reduce patient readmission rates, and ultimately improve health outcomes through the collection and distillation of clinical, behavioral, and financial data. Shields Health Solutions is one of the fastest growing healthcare companies and has proven its immense impact on patients' lives
Whom we are looking for:
We are seeking a highly motivated, self-starter who is looking for a challenging career with a fast-growing organization in the specialty pharmacy management services space. Applicant must hold a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) or BS in Pharmacy and be a licensed Pharmacist in Arizona State. In addition, this individual must have sound business acumen capable of identifying opportunities, developing action plans and delivering results. Applicant should have a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality. A natural forward-planner who critically assesses own performance. Mature, credible, well-presented, professional and comfortable in dealing with others both in-person and on the phone. Critical to this position is a person who is able to work well under deadlines and time pressures. Applicant must be reliable, tolerant, and determined; an empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. Most importantly, person must be able to work as a member of a close-knit team. Applicant should be aware that regional geographic responsibilities may increase with company growth.
What you will do:
Provides integrated support across stakeholders (providers, clinical staff, hospital administration, pharmacy, vendors) and throughout the outpatient specialty pharmacy program continuum of care. Responsible to ensure that the Dignity Specialty pharmacy is delivering "legendary care," to all of their patients. Also responsible for proactively identifying growth opportunities for the specialty pharmacy program and building cost benefit analysis to determine initial viability.
Provides day to day oversight of all pharmacy patient liaisons that will be integrated within Dignity Health's clinics covering multiple specialties including but not limited to Liver Disease, Transplant, Oncology, Pulmonary, and Neurology. The liaisons are responsible for patient benefits investigation, prior authorization, and monitoring patient medication adherence to ensure that patients can seamlessly access their outpatient prescriptions. The Regional Manager will manage all aspects of Shield's day to day operations with Dignity Health on behalf of Shield's VP of Strategic Development. This individual will be responsible for coordinating with Dignity Health's pharmacy, administrative, and clinical leadership to develop, implement, and monitor performance on growth initiatives while maintaining excellent patient and clinician satisfaction scores.
Details on the role:
- Serves as a leader and coordinator in enabling the growth of the Organization's new specialty pharmacy;
- Identify trends, resolves problems; and lead the development of new processes and initiatives to continuously improve the pharmacy's integration with prescribing clinics to ensure the best patient service;
- Facilitate effective communication between the pharmacy, pharmacy liaisons (who will be located in the hospital's clinics), Shields PSC, and clinical areas throughout the hospital;
- Ensures legendary care is delivered to all patients, and proactively steps in to serve in any capacity;
- Communicate and collaborate with Shields corporate resources to effectively leverage respective subject matter expertise to ensure Dignity Health's expectations are consistently exceeded
- Proactively identify and operationalize growth opportunities
- Collaborate with Dignity Health's pharmacy team to evaluate their pharmacy work flows and processes to advise on quality and operational improvement initiatives to maximize performance specifically:
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians' work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying prescriptions; care coordination, identifying and resolving insurance related issues, recognizing situations where financial assistance can be applied.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and local policies and procedures; maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions;
- Make referrals to other health professionals if necessary;
- Develops own knowledge by participating in education programs; training pharmacy staff, students, interns, externs, residents, and health care professionals;
- Manage, organize, and update relevant data using database applications;
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations;
- Willing to do whatever is necessary for the betterment of the Organization;
- Other duties as assigned;
What you need:
Required Licensure/Certification: Applicant must hold a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) or BS in Pharmacy and be a licensed Pharmacist in the State of Arizona.
Years of Experience: 7+
Skills: Analyze data, exercise good judgment, possess strong verbal communication skills, have deep knowledge of pharmacology developments and FDA health regulations, understanding of AZ board of pharmacy rules and regulations, able to manage processes, exhibit strong technical and clinical skills, excellent leader and manager of people, constant focus on legal compliance, highly productive, quality focused, maniacal attention to detail, highly computer proficient. Experience in process development, process mapping, process improvement, and pharmacy operations. Capable of operating with limited direct oversight. Ability to build collaborative and meaningful relationships across multiple and diverse stakeholders.
Traits: Organized, high-integrity, attention to detail, dependable, quality focus, empathetic, good listener/communicator,
Other: Energetic, highly motivated, team player with strong personal and communication skills; discretion and confidentiality essential as position deals with highly sensitive and private data
Specialties: Knowledge of specialty medications prescribed for transplant, hepatitis C, pulmonology, infectious disease (including HIV), MS, Neurology, and Oncology