Direct the unloading and loading of luggage, freight and cargo on and off commercial aircraft. Driving and operating small specialized commercial vehicles. Position requires: heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, and stretching.
Primary Accountabilities and Duties:
- Move cargo and baggage on and off aircraft and transport it between aircraft, airport terminals, air cargo facilities, and other aircraft.
- Operate motorized equipment.
- Read and interpret aircraft weight and balance loading instructions, hazardous material identification labels, aircraft loading manifests, and baggage and cargo routing tags.
- Supervise lead agents; allocating ramp agent resources as needed.
- Complete shift reports and sign timecards.
- Ensure that ramp personnel adhere to established company safety regulations.
- Prepare disciplinary incident and or termination reports as needed for violations of company policy.
- Assist in the preparation of performance evaluation forms.
- Assist in the baggage handling area.
- May occasionally operate various pieces of ground support equipment.
Requirements •Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent work experience;
- Must pass drug test;
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English;
- Valid driver's license with good driving record;
- Capable of lifting comfortably 70 lbs.
- Prior ramp experience a plus;
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays;
- Work is done primarily outdoors. Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions with exposure to loud noises;
- Must pass an FBI finger print check and obtain custom seal.
- To report any significant deficiency in our products, materials and documents
- Has the duty to suggest any improvements to working practices especially those relating to Safety and security
- Must have read and signed the Station Quality Manual, Emergency Response Procedures Manual and the Station Security Manual.
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
- Where We Operate
© MENZIES AVIATION - A DIVISION OF JOHN MENZIES PLC