POSITION SUMMARY: The Project Specialist, Digital Operations plays a key role in the coordination of change initiatives that will ultimately transform service delivery at Republic Services. Working closely with field and corporate operations, Information Technology, Customer Experience, and other cross-functional stakeholders, the Project Coordinator, Digital Operations helps organize and report on strategic initiatives. The Project Specialist supports the Digital Operations team by leveraging their project management delivery skillset and understanding of Republic Operations in a way that drives transparency, understanding and successful outcomes, including realizing target business benefits.
- Actively engages in all aspects of the project/program lifecycle from initiation and planning through deployment and support.
- Contributes to the processes and collateral associated with project planning, information capture/logging, project control management and status reporting.
- Facilitates working sessions with various program/project team members to help capture pertinent details.
- Helps set and implement standards for daily program/project information management (i.e. – Confluence, SharePoint, etc.).
- Coordinates team activity and logistics including the development and maintenance of detailed task tracking tools (sequence, timing, stakeholders, communications, etc.).
- Responsible for gathering weekly/bi-weekly status information from various data sources, team leads and stakeholders.
- Supports socializing overall program/project delivery goals with an emphasis on deliverables, timeframes and current initiative performance.
- Reviews project framework deliverables and deliverable templates and provide inputs/suggestions for quality improvement.
- Demonstrates a consistency in conducting their work that sets an example for and has a positive influence on other project participants.
- This position may require travel by air, car and/or other modes of transportation up to 10% of the time.
- Performs other job duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Project management certifications.
- At least 3 years of experience leading project coordination efforts in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience utilizing Traditional and Agile Project Management methodologies.
- Previous experience organizing and supporting a diverse group of contributors and stakeholders to achieve objectives.
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Demonstrated team facilitation and time management skills.
- Results orientation with an ability to understand key milestones, goals, and objectives while leading groups of internal and external resources to meet project goals.
- Demonstrated ability to receive information and grasp concepts quickly; can adjust and adapt to changing conditions in real-time.
- Ability to gather and analyze data and generate reports.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains a high level of personal motivation and a positive outlook.
- Proficient with computer applications including project scheduling, presentation, analytic and process mapping software (i.e. – MS Project, Smartsheet, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, etc.).
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working on project coordination in commercial or industrial waste hauling operations or with a top-tier consulting, transportation, or logistics firm.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.