Freshly is one of the fastest-growing food-tech startups and the largest fresh-prepared meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easier by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to consumers. We’re passionate about changing the food industry by pioneering a new way to think about meal delivery, access to fresh and healthy food, and how we eat in general. If helping build a brand that will fundamentally transform an industry is exciting to you, read on!
This leadership position is responsible for setting direction and achieving operating results while driving best-in-class excellence in quality assurance and food safety practices. Proven skill in advancing/sustaining continuous improvement to deliver quality, customer service, safety, innovation, and cost performance is a core requisite. This individual will drive improvement in measurable output for every production employee through continuous improvement in skills and job knowledge and feedback to link personal accountability to the goals of the facility at all times.
- Develop a performance based culture, both team and individual, to assure continuous improvement and alignment with enterprise vision, mission and objectives.
- Drive employee engagement, training, and development in the key areas of food safety, employee safety, product quality, and productivity.
- Provide direct oversight for the production team with strong cross functional interface with maintenance, quality, HR, procurement, and R&D.
- Provide leadership in measuring, assessing and enhancing production capabilities and performance.
- Ensure regulatory compliance across a range of federal, state, and local agencies.
- Ensure that all quality standards, specifications and policies are met, drive continuous process/manufacturing improvements and collaborate with Research and Development in product development and implementation.
- Develop a culture based on open/honest dialogue and involvement with all team members that demonstrates the value of their input and engagement in improving performance.
- Drive a culture of high performance and accountability in employee and product safety as well as other aspects of the business.
- Drive collaboration with R&D in new product development to ensure plant capabilities and production feasibility are understood and addressed.
- Bachelor's Degree required (i.e. Business Administration, Engineering, Food Science, Management, or Operations).
- Minimum 5-10 years manufacturing experience required preferably with some level of High Performance Work System implementation.
- Minimum 2-7 years in a significant leadership role in a plant required (i.e. Production Manager or Operations Manager with significant scope of responsibility).
- Manufacturing experience in a food, CPG, or related industry required.
- Strong change management skills required.
- Key leadership competencies in addition to high ethical standards, strong values, integrity, drive to deliver results, pride in personal and team performance, decision quality, building effective teams, and action orientation are fundamental imperatives.
Freshly is a weekly subscription service delivering healthy and fully prepared meals directly to a customer’s doorstep. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit. Freshly makes embracing a healthier lifestyle deliciously simple, one box at a time. For more information, visit www.freshly.com.
Here’s some chatter about us:
WSJ - Nestle Buys Stake in Freshly, Putting Healthy Food On The Menu
Fortune - Nestle Leads $77M Funding Round In Meal-Delivery Startup Freshly
Techcrunch - Nestlé leads $77M Round For Healthy Meal Startup Freshly
WSJ - Freshly Hires It's New CMO From Spotify - Mayur Gupta
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!