Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
This leader will support the work of the Process Management Director who will be charged with fundamentally transforming the organization by moving the bank to a customer-centric, process managed organization. This Vice President will be aligned to a business to partner with other managers and SMEs to ascertain and document information about the processes, measurement systems and controls.
- Support a Process Management Director in the paradigm shift from an internal, functional focus to a customer-centric, process orientation
- Be responsible for using Business Process Management and Lean Six Sigma methods, tools and templates to document the current state delivery model, processes, metrics and work with the Director to work toward a target state solution
- Will assist in identifying and prioritizing the critical opportunities (projects) to drive out the optimal service delivery model
- Work with a process team to focus on business performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, integrate duplicative processes, and improve customer satisfaction by aligning the business resources in order to execute and implement the business's future state high performance business model
- Work with a process team to design and development of a customer-centric, process measurement system
- BS Engineering or Business Administration
- 7 – 10 years professional work experience, with experience working on a re-engineering initiative in the financial services industry
- 5 years of Operations Management background and experience preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification required (minimum Black Belt)
- A strong track record of achieving performance goals which led to business results
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal)
- Analytical and process skills
- Ability to effectively partner with the business and a process team to drive out change and achieve business goals
- Ability to work effectively on a high-performing team
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Minitab (or other statistical software), and SharePoint
- Resiliency and ability to adapt in a dynamic environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.