Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
The Plastic Fabricator – Basic position is the title attained for an associate working in the Fab Department that has taken the first step beyond the Assembler level through Qualification and Certification. In addition to the knowledge of assembly the associate is now fully engaged in all forms of welding and finishing. While in this role the employee is actively pursuing next level qualification and certification. Primary Job Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Abide by all safe practices and procedures.
- Independently conducts quality audits
- Continuous involvement in Fabrication/Plant programs and Lean initiatives
- Extrusion welding – all fittings through 24“;
- Hot plate welding – multi-miter bends and tees
- Actively pursuing Plastic Fabricator - Advanced
- Material handling and scrap management
- Engage in cross-functional training
- Material preparation and product finishing
- Product knowledge – Plastic Fab Basic Level
- Equipment Operation – Plastic Fab Basic Level and actively conducting preventive maintenance
- Adherence to all quality standards and conducts quality audits.
- Practice proper forklift operation and preventive maintenance
- Specifications – Plastic Fab Basic Level
- Communication with the Fab Support Group
- Assists with training of Assembler position
- Understand and practice ADS Core Values
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Strong housekeeping skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Mathematics – Geometry; Drawing interpretation
- Welder repair – Basic level
- Hand and Power Tools – Plastic Fab Basic Level
- Decision making and problem solving abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Carpentry or trade apprenticeship or experience
- Metal fabrication or welding.
The employee will lift and move heavy items, which will require the ability to repeatedly lift 75 pounds to a height of 6 feetThe employee will be working specified shifts and moving around at all times, which will require the ability to stand and be mobile for a minimum of 8 continuous hoursFacilities can be extremely hot or cold at times, so the employee must have the ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time in temperature extremesThe employee will be handling materials daily, which requires the ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and transport finished goodsThe Position requires full range of body motion on a daily basis including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting and ability to mount/dismount industrial equipment and vehicles
Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.