- High School Diploma or equivalent GED is required, at minimum. College or technical college preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of customer service experience preferred.
- Experience in a pharmacy or healthcare environment preferred.
Under general direction of the Supervisor, Pharmacy Services the person employed in this Patient Care Assistant/ Customer Service position will assist with the Specialty Pharmacy programs in the operations facility. Primary responsibility is to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, pharmacists, and payers to in the fulfillment and patient care of specialty pharmacy medications in a Specialty Pharmacy.
The Patient Care Assistant focuses on answering and placing calls with a warm and professional greeting with patients, prescribers, and insurance companies. This role must accurately gather relevant information for the prescription fulfillment process; The Patient Care Assistant will assist in enrolling patients, keying information into the system, including diagnosis, demographics, payor info, etc. This position must be able to collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, and identify and solve problems.
- Accept inbound calls from patients, prescribers, or other health professionals in support of the specialty pharmacy functions
- Make outbound calls to patients to establish shipment criteria and asking scripted questions when applicable.
- Utilize operating systems and tools to help manage patient therapy and refill compliance.
- Assist in answering incoming phone calls and triage calls to a licensed health care associate when clinical intervention is needed.
- The Employee will act in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws and with the highest ethical standards that we consistently strive to achieve. Thus, legal and ethical compliance is an essential duty of each employee.
- Other related duties as assigned/required.