POSITION: OSP Fielder
LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ
Our client is a leading, nationwide provider of mission-critical, outsourced network operations and engineering services for the wireline and wireless telecommunications industries. With headquarters in Paso Robles, CA, the company has over 700 employees in eighteen offices serving over 40 states, covering over 20,000 cell sites and 45,000 remote terminals nationwide
This position requires a working level of knowledge in all technical aspects of OSP fiber and copper networks. The successful candidate is responsible for identifying existing field design and layout of OSP (Outside Plant) telecommunications network to include aerial, buried and underground fiber network design and layout, underground conduit, manhole/handhole, building entrance, and riser facilities.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acquiring field data to be used for designing network routes
- Capable of managing their own workload and prioritizing multiple field engineering assignments
- Negotiate and execute building access agreements
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office applications
- Good organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn new technical systems and tools
- Safety - above the bottom line. Cutting corners is never an option.
- Integrity - we do what is right, even if doing so puts us at a temporary disadvantage
- Accountability - everyone is accountable for the work we provide
- Respect - for our employees, clients, and partners
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma and or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in fiber-optic/telecommunications/telecom construction industry
- Knowledge of outside plant activities (Fiber Cable Design, Pole Line Construction, Conduit System design)
- Ability to read and understand as build prints, and be able to identify conflicts with existing outside plant facilities, select routing of lines and equipment required for projects
- Familiar with GIS (Geographic Information Systems), ESRI and shapefile functionality
- Ability to resolve problems following standard practices, using judgment within defined policies and guidelines
- City, County, State, and Railroad permit application process
- Ability to work outdoors 90% of the time
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
The company offers a family-friendly and innovative culture with opportunities for growth, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance), paid time off, and a 401k retirement plan with a 4% match. Also provided is a company vehicle, phone, laptop or tablet (if required for your role), and all necessary tools and safety equipment.
For immediate consideration, please apply at the provided link and submit your current resume.