Requisition Number: WAREH01562
Master Electronics has an exciting career opportunity for an Operations Manager who will be reporting to the VP of Operations in Phoenix, AZ.
**LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED – HIRING IMMEDIATELY**
We’re seeking a hands-on warehouse manager who is excited about the opportunity to make a difference, a team leader who is interested in being a part of a company that continues to rapidly evolve.
The Operations Manager candidate we’re seeking is an individual whose job satisfaction is primarily driven by results, achieved by leveraging a process and people improvement mindset. Your ultimate goal will be reliable, consistent outcomes for our customers and the development of a highly skilled and engaged associate team.
Operations Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate effective team management and leadership for a department of distribution center associates by managing associate work schedules/assignments, setting clear performance standards, delivering feedback and coaching to team members in all aspects of job performance
- Ensure that subordinate supervisors document employee issues regarding attendance, performance, and conduct and consistently deliver appropriate corrective action as needed
- Champion the continuous process improvement mindset which includes the analysis of business-related reports and the implementation of creative solutions that improve service delivery, including the development of new policies and training
- Identify training needs and ensure each employee has the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as the resources needed to provide a world-class level of service
- Create and maintain the appropriate workplace culture and ensure that all facets (e.g., onboarding, compensation, communication channels, recognition & rewards, etc.) reinforce the desired behaviors that enable success
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with all levels of team management and key stakeholders
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities of an Operations Manager:
- 5+ years of experience leading operations teams, required
- Experience in a warehouse or distribution center environment preferred
- An understanding of picking orders, quality control, shipping, receiving, and space utilization in a large-scale distribution center/warehouse environment, preferred
- Understanding of operations, planning, management, and scheduling
- Above-average literacy in desktop technology (e.g., Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, etc.) in the performance of job responsibilities
- Ability to coach and develop team members (supervisors and associates)
- Proven track record of implementing process improvement initiatives
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle administrative duties and the mental alertness necessary to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities
- Ability to concentrate and make effective decisions despite frequent interruptions
- Ability to move and handle merchandise weighing 1 ounce to 70 pounds
- Job duties typically require standing, sitting, walking, bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, and/or reaching
- Ability to work effectively in a non-climate-controlled environment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.