AZ Materials Manager
FM Industries is recognized as a premier manufacturing solutions provider of manufacturing services for the semiconductor capital equipment market. We specialize in build to print, precision machined components, anodization and engineered thermal spray coatings.
The Materials Manager is responsible for the tactical and strategic management associated with Purchasing, Shipping, Receiving and Inventory teams within the Materials Department.
- Monitor backlog and forecast to ensure that all requirements have been addressed relative to material procurement and scheduling.
- Determine appropriate aggregate material plan relative to product demand.
- Provide product delivery status to the respective Sales/Program Manager or any other interested party.
- Ensure System transactions are completed prior to material shipment, receipt, movement between or within buildings.
- Manage excess/obsolete inventory and inventory accuracy.
- Partner with Program Management/Engineering to ensure all NPD/NPI material requirements and effectively communicated.
- Develop efficient processes to execute all requirements placed on the department and develop/monitor metrics that will measure the effectiveness of the Materials Team.
- Develop and manage external supply chain to ensure adequate availability and timely delivery of material to satisfy our customer’s requirements.
- Effective problem-solving utilizing root cause/corrective action to continuously improve systems and processes.
- Provide instructions to subordinates by way of job descriptions, procedures, flow charts, schedules, and special instructions.
- Provide opportunities for both formal and informal training.
- Perform employee evaluations in a timely manner and assist your supervisor in determining salary levels.
- Perform routine administrative functions such as approve timecards, and schedule and record vacations, etc.
- Ensure the department is adequately staffed and meet the departments obligations.
- Prepare periodic and special reports to track the department’s performance against the Company’s/Department’s goals and objectives.
- Perform additional related duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001), as applicable.
- Demonstrated commitment in the successful EH&S management of chemical processes and facilities.
- Implements and maintains programs to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of the Area; Ensures compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT)/Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and other Federal and State regulations.
- Ensures thorough root cause investigations for all injuries and incidents, following-up with consistent discipline and retraining.
RECOMMENDED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
- APICS certification
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- BA or BS in Business or equivalent degree status
- Seven to ten years’ experience in a contemporary materials position
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management.
- Computer literate including, but no limited to, ERP systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively operate in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with 4 facilities.
- Organization and planning skills
- Analytical/writing skills
- Ability to plan and manage complex projects.
- Ability to plan and execute presentations to large groups of people.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS WHILE PERFORMING THE JOB:
- The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, push, reach overhead and bend to the floor.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle objects.
- The employee is frequently required to lift and move up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT OF THE JOB:
- Normal office environment
- Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts.
We offer a full complement of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, generous time off plan and a 401k saving plan with a 30% match. Shoes with ANSI approved toe protection are required on the job.