# DGTYJP00002354--- Lead Mobile Software Engineer—REMOTE--6 months
Seeking a Lead Mobile Software Engineer - this position enables development teams through solid solution design and architecture. You will be working on leading-edge cloud technologies in a highly agile environment.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
As a leader of the Mobile Software Engineering Team, this role will lead, guide, and mentor the mobile software developers to solve business problems through innovative thinking and applied engineering practices and principles. You will apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner with product, program and architecture teams to design and develop mobile solutions to deliver value. We encourage diversity of thought and provide space for creativity to create the best human experiences for our customers. You will be looked upon by the mobile software engineers on your team for guidance, help, and facilitated problem solving. You will take accountability for the software engineering team’s incorporation of technical practices, processes, and standards to deliver high quality code in a continuous learning team environment.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Be a leader, make decisions and own them, help your team and drive outcomes.
2. Be a collaborator; work with product, architecture and leadership to ensure good decisions are being made.
3. Be accountable, ensure code quality, security, and NFR’s are met.
4. Be a mentor, promote continues learning and improvement through solid engineering principles, paired programming, and a strong code review process.
5. Maintain an up-to-date application architecture
6. Write code, lots of code J You will have the opportunity to flex your full stack development muscles on a daily basis.
The job summary and responsibilities listed above are designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed within this job. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- BS/BA degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
• 10 + years with iOS and/or Android Mobile Development developing mobile solutions using Swift (or Obj-C), Kotlin, Java or mobile hybrid frameworks such as React Native, Ionic, Xamarin, Cordova
• 3+ years’ cloud development experience with strong understanding of cloud design patterns.
• Deep hands-on knowledge of mobile specific tools, best practices and challenges such as Azure DevOps build pipelines, fastlane, xcode cmd, yaml
• Knowledge and experience in application, data, security, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Solid experience with TDD and test automation (unit, integration, mutation).
- Results-oriented, self-driving