Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us, and lets build a better future together.
Summary of Position:
The Integration/Inventory Specialist is primarily responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining Enterprise Inventory Control systems, policies and procedures and the monitoring, analyzing, reporting and trouble-shooting of the day to day operational performance and issues of our 3rd Party Logistic (3PL) provider This specialist serves as a critical interface and liaison between the 3PL provider team and the Cox management team. The position involves a high level of interaction with a variety of other departments and business functions and technical and troubleshooting expertise and collaboration across multiple departments and business units
- Provides guidance to field Supply Chain operations on all SCM related policies, procedures and processes to ensure optimal inventory levels set by Planning (non-stock, stock and customer premise equipment).
- Monitor/report 3PL performance and quality trends to ensure PDC meets SLA, KPI and Business Partner commitments.
- Partner with CPE Operations to ensure documentation is updated, distributed and is adhered to by 3PL - including but not limited to testing, enhancements, code changes, drop ship, kitting and new product speed to market.
- Ability to identify and perform advanced troubleshooting of issues impacting PDC provisioning and testing processes, CPE reliability and production.
- Engage and partner with CPE Operations, Engineering, SOC, DNCS/DAC administrators and 3PL to influence swift resolution of technical issues, advance operational and technical initiatives, and process improvements
- Act as a point person for EMM uploads with DAC administrators, code changes, new product launches and PDC head-end maintenance
- Perform independent cosmetic and technical quality inspections. Ensure 3PL is maintaining standard agreed upon QA and corrective action protocol
- Ensure CPE Receiving, Picking and Capitalizations are completed timely and accurately as required to support production and financial goals. Includes Vendor ASN/EMM Management and 3PL WIP compliance.
- Validate appropriate equipment movement between 3PL and Cox systems (ICOMS). Address and report any Sync, compliance, non-conformance issues
- Facilitate transfer of goods between AFCs and PDCs (may require manual update of ICOMs status, working with 3PL to create ASN files, submit IT/BSOS tickets).
- Responsible for the administration of Inventory Full Physical/Cycle Counts.
- May assist with the identification of excess materials and disposal or transfer between field locations.
- Prepares Regional level reporting of SCM key metrics and in-depth analysis of data and trends to facilitate decision making.
- Assists in month-end close procedures for SCM in conjunction with Accounting and Finance.
- Assists in the administration of SCM projects and develops business relationships with other departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts (Drop Ship, Bar Coding, etc.).
- Facilitates the sharing of Enterprise best practices among field locations.
- Provides process and functional knowledge for business requirement changes in Oracle SCM Applications (INV, iPRoc & OM).
- Responsible for the delivery of Regional Inventory Operations Training (PO, INV, WMS, iPRoc & OM).
- Develops and present status /results to executive level management at the PDC
- 5 or more years of experience required in related field - Supply Chain Management, 3PL Management, and/or Production Operations Management
- Strong information analysis, insights development and executive reporting required.
- Work experience in ICOMS or comparable customer billing system preferred.
- Advanced experience with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Strong data analysis experience required.
- Demonstrated operational, technology, and business analysis expertise.
- Self-starter with ability to manage projects and relationships independently.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, with specific expertise in management reporting
- Travel up to 25% expected.
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired – Supply Chain Management/Operations Management
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
- Certification in Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma