We are one of the Most Admired Companies in Arizona and have received that honor for the past six years, most recently in 2019. We also happen to be the nation's largest integrated laboratory system with approximately 3,500 employees serving more than 25,000 patients every day throughout Arizona.
We are a new and growing eLearning team making great strides in creating an eLearning culture. We are focused on bringing impactful and engaging training, as well as measurable outcomes to our organization. Are you a seasoned instructional design guru? Do you have a flair for writing and developing creative, multi-media training? We want to hear from you!
The Senior Instructional Designer is responsible for designing and developing eLearning courses to support the organization. This includes maintaining customer relationships, writing content, course development, managing deployment of courses, and guiding instructional design practices of teammates.
Preference will be given to applicants who have experience working with Adobe Captivate.
What does a Sr. Instructional Designer at Sonora Quest Laboratories do?
- Utilizes available software to write, design, and develop engaging and interactive eLearning courses and ensures Laboratory Sciences of Arizona (LSA)/Sonora Quest Laboratories (SQL) high-quality standards are met.
- Stays current on the latest instructional design theories and practices and provides guidance to the eLearning team.
- Manages effective relationships with customers by meeting with leaders and other staff to perform needs analysis prior to creating an eLearning course. Consults with departmental subject matter experts to learn the necessary information to write and design courses, and gain approval for eLearning content.
- Leads and facilitates projects, which includes managing timelines for the development and review of assigned courses. Collaborates with subject matter experts and instructional designers to ensure projects run smoothly and on time.
- Performs quality checks on all assigned courses prior to client review and launch and performs quality checks of teammates' work. Provides feedback, guides, and trains other instructional designers/facilitators.
- Assists with eLearning assignments and other LMS administrative functions as assigned.
- Facilitates classes as needed.
Your skills and abilities:
- Proficiency in course development utilizing various eLearning software, knowledge of operation of a learning management system (LMS) with knowledge of SCORM interoperability standards; Knowledge of live online platforms, and course development for live online delivery.
- Coaching/mentoring: Ability to effectively influence peers, including providing constructive feedback, suggesting solutions, etc.
- Facilitation/Leading: Ability to effectively direct and conduct productive meetings.
- Problem Solving/Analysis: Ability to solve problems through systematic analysis of processes with sound judgment; Has a realistic understanding of relevant issues.
- Multi-Tasking/Time Management: Ability to prioritize and manage actions to meet changing deadlines and requirements within a high volume, high stress environment.
- Independent Thinking/Self-Initiative: Critical thinkers with ability to focus on things which matter most to achieving outcomes; Commitment to task to produce outcomes without direction and to find necessary resources.
- Empathy/Customer Service: Skills in Customer-focused behavior; Helping approach, including listening skills, patience, respect, and empathy for another's position.
- Coping/Flexibility: Resiliency in adapting to a variety of situations and individuals while maintaining a sense of purpose and mature problem-solving approach is required.
- Computer Literacy: Ability to function in a multi-system Microsoft environment using Word, Outlook, Intranet, the Internet, and department software applications.
- Communication/People Skills: Ability to influence or persuade others under positive or negative circumstances; Adapt to different styles; Listen critically; Collaborate.
- Five (5) years' of technical e-Learning experience in training and development, design, and/or delivery in a corporate environment.
- Demonstrated experience with instructional design project management, including influencing subject matter experts, leaders, and team members.
- Demonstrated experience using a recognized instructional design method and in all phases of the design, development, implementation, facilitation, measurement, evaluation, and delivery of technical and non-technical programs using appropriate adult learning theories.
- Demonstrated experience using industry standard development tools.
Highly preferred if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in design, e-Learning Technologies, Training & Development, Business Management, Education, Communication, or related field.
- Knowledge of live online technologies and course development for live online delivery.
- Demonstrated experience using Adobe development tools, to include Captivate and other multimedia development tools.