HR Business Partner I
Are you an HR leader that is adventurous, innovative, and interested in using your HR skills to help evolve the way we serve our customers? Are you interested in being part of an HR organization that operates as a business, starts with our customers and works backward to deliver meaningful products to our business? Are you passionate about changing customers' lives for the better? If this sounds exciting to you, then consider joining us as an HR Business Partner I, in our Worldwide Operations HR team.
This role will partner with business leaders to implement and execute HR strategies focused on talent management, organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, and employee engagement. In addition, they will own programs that run across the broader HR team. To be successful in this role, you must understand business priorities and translate them into the highest impact work. You will help business leaders look around corners with data-driven recommendations that improve performance, retention, and the overall employee experience.
To succeed, you will need a flexible skill set, including the ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and situations.
Key Job Responsibilities:
· The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to “roll up your sleeves“
· Solutions focused and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
· Effective internal and external customer service focus
· Understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
· Bias for action, stellar work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
· Interface at all levels of the organization
· A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse“ of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
· Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
· Ability to support a 24/7 environment that has multiple shifts and a significant staffing ramp during our seasonal peak in the fourth quarter. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays.
· Experience supporting hourly employee client groups with employee populations of 2,000+ ·
*Amazon Operations and Distribution is a 24/7 environment and shifts may change due to business needs. Full shift flexibility including holidays, nights and weekends is needed for this role.
· Bachelor's Degree from accredited university
· 3+ years human resources generalist experience or a blend of operations and HR.
· Experience supporting hourly employee client groups
· Experience in a call center, distribution center, or manufacturing environment
· Master's Degree or MBA in HRM
· Proficiency with HRIS System
· Human Resources experience with Fortune 500 companies supporting 250-500 or more associates
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us