Global Product Manager
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ
ASM is a leading, global supplier of semiconductor wafer processing equipment. Our smart and ambitious team is dedicated to delivering innovative technology solutions to the world's leading semiconductor manufacturers. With over 2,200 employees based in 16 countries, including the United States, Netherlands, Belgium, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, and Taiwan. Together we work to develop thin-film deposition technologies for our customers through epitaxy, ALD, PEALD, vertical furnaces and PECVD. Our goal is to remain an industry leader by being ahead of what's next. Focusing on finding collaborative solutions to make integrated circuits, or chips, smaller, faster and even more powerful.
We're not like most. We don't just overcome obstacles – we don't see them. Instead, we see the potential in every person, and every situation. We don't wait for opportunity to appear – we create it. Meet ASM. A company that has been searching for people just like you.
As a Global Product Manager at ASM, you'll have the opportunities to get involved in a wider scope of work compared to our larger competitors. While the workload is challenging, you are given the independence and autonomy to perform at your peak. This work requires thinking “outside of the box“ in an innovative manner, so you must have the ability to collaborate with others to deliver creative solutions, work well under pressure and pay great attention to small details.
This position is responsible for product management & technical marketing activities within the Product Management group. Every day is different, working with different customers and different products. This role is for someone who enjoys and is intellectually curious about the whole process and being part of it. You get to work external global customers that have many different needs and you will be part of the solution.
- Customer Engagement – Support Technical Meeting with customers, Create and manage Customer presentations, Detailed market and competitive analysis
- Supplier Engagement – Develop key capabilities for new products through collaboration with suppliers
- Product life cycle – Drive the product life cycle from concept to high volume manufacturing to obsolescence
- Roadmaps – maintain product roadmap for a portfolio of products, periodically update roadmap through discussions with customers and internal experts, align product priorities and resources to roadmap
- MRS – own the market requirement spec documents and ensure product development priorities align with MRS and customer needs
- Financial – work with finance department on NPV and IRR for products, maintain cost of ownership models
- Business Planning and Market Analysis – Attend company operation/planning meeting, Create Business plan/Operation review materials, Create Business forecast based on market information, Support Budget planning, Competitive analysis.
- New Product introductions – Detailed market analysis for inflections, development of business plans, internal executive alignment, positioning of products
- Product Promotion – Create promotional materials for conferences and launches, Sales and product support training, Introductions to Customer
- Support technical activities – Work with product development teams on specifications and data collection requirements, manage customer demo requests, prioritization of product development activities
- Strategic marketing – Prepare go to market strategies for executive R&D expenditure requests, develop roadmap and product strategy presentations for executive level
- 3 – 10 years' experience in technical marketing role in the semiconductor/capital equipment or related industry
- Masters or PhD in Material Science, Electrical/Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Process, hardware, or device experience in semiconductors or capital equipment
- ALD, CVD or Epi experience or vacuum experience is a plus
- Direct customer engagement or supplier management
- Ability to work with multiple internal disciplines on portfolio of products
- Understanding of product life cycle and technical marketing
- High level of proficiency or deep understanding of capital equipment systems in semiconductor or similar industry
- Ability to travel globally
From the very start of the semiconductor industry to the present day, we've been technology leaders who have pioneered innovation and brought new processes into mainstream manufacturing. We are collaborating, creating and delivering on our vision – a share vision to drive innovation with new technologies and delivering excellence with dependable products. By doing this, we'll create new possibilities for everyone to understand, create and share more of what they love.
We at ASM are a truly global organization that works diligently with an open-mind in all areas of our business. We strive for a culture and work style that fosters trust and transparency. We put our people first, and that is how we will continue to succeed. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We recognize and value the differences between individuals, including gender, ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, knowledge and experience, work background, age, skills, amongst others. Recruiting and developing a diverse workforce provides a wide range of perspectives. This enables a culture of continuously exploring and adopting new technological ideas and innovations, and it also enables us to deliver excellent products and service to our clients.