36B Financial Management Technician
Job ID: 1137060
Job Views: 178
Location: PHOENIX, Arizona, United States
ZIP Code: 85008
Job Category: Admin and Relations
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
Budgets need to be balanced, and Soldiers and vendors need to be paid on time. An Army National Guard Financial Management Technician ensures that funds go where they need to and that all transactions are recorded properly.
Whether it is budgeting, disbursing, and accounting for government funds, payment for travel and commercial vendor services, pay support of Soldiers and foreign national employees, or internal control operations, the Soldiers of this MOS are integral to the organization's financial health because they also analyze historical spending to formulate budgets for future expenses.
- Receive and post documents to accounting/budget systems
- Process treasury checks for payment and pay for invoices
- Maintain files and prepare financial reports/travel vouchers
- Review contracts, invoices, and receive reports
Specifically, the Financial Management Technician performs duties, such as: computing payroll and other allowances; auditing accounting records; preparing payments for Army personnel; recording details of financial transactions on accounting forms; auditing financial records; disbursing cash, checks, advance pay, and bonds.
- Interest in mathematics, statistics, and accounting
- Ability to work with numbers
- Capable of using computers and other office machines
Plus, you'll be building a better future. The skills you learn as an Army National Guard Financial Management Technician will help prepare you for a rewarding civilian career as a bookkeeper, accountant, or audit clerk. In fact, a finance background of any kind will help you in just about any civilian position that interests you.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a Financial Management Technician consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and nine weeks of Advanced Individual Training with classroom instruction, including practice in accounting techniques.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.