Grand Canyon University is currently seeking part time Event Safety Specialists to conduct patrol of facility or campus grounds used in campus events to ensure the safety and security of students, faculty, employees, guests, visitors, event attendees and/or members of the public, and ensures compliance with University policies, and Campus Safety policy. Prevents and/or intervenes in situations which may interfere with public safety.
Must have ability to work on occasional basis which may include day time, evening and weekend hours.
Compensation - $11 per hour
- Provides enthusiastic, first-class customer service to all guests.
- Patrol premises as a measure to preserve order and protect property and serve as a visible deterrence by circulating among visitors, patrons, attendees, or employees. If event is in a GCU facility patrol facility to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows and gates, which may include catwalks, loading docks, nonpublic areas and concession areas.
- Monitors and authorizes access to facilities and events for guests, stage personnel, event(s) staff, employees, which enforces the venue's rules and regulations at all times.
- Conducts screening and baggage checks, as established in policy, to ensure a safe environment.
- Responds to alarms and investigates disturbances. Responds to emergency calls as necessary and reports such emergency situations, in a timely manner, to appropriate personnel to facilitate an emergency response from Public Safety officers, law enforcement and/or EMS personnel.
- Assists Public Safety officers with the collection of personal information for individuals involved with incidents which require a written report (i.e. CLERY, FERPA, TITLE IX and VAWA compliance).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Certifications in CPR, First Aid and First Responder are preferred.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position and daily responsibilities. Must have physical stamina to chase on foot, apprehend, subdue and restrain.
- Professional appearance and demeanor with ability to interact positively with staff, guests, visitors and members of the public.
- Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Must be flexible to work evenings, weekends and holidays depending on scheduled events.
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.