Eden Bar Supervisor
Req Number: 37321
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
Provide restaurant and bar guests with excellent beverage quality and consistency in an attractive environment and with professional service. Responsible for supervising the daily operations of the bar. Act as an advocate for the bar or restaurant, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences, and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Supervise bar operations while ensuring all beverage standards are being met.
- Communicate and delegate tasks to the team.
- Effectively manage and promote quality guest experiences.
- Work cooperatively with other departments.
- Assist food and beverage team with off-property events.
- Assist in creating drink menus.
- Inform manager of supplies and/or product needed in bar areas.
- Assist the manager with hiring and training of bar staff.
What You Bring
- 1 year of experience in a similar or supportive role is preferred.
- Food Handler and Alcohol Awareness Certification (if applicable).
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment with a positive attitude.
- Able to learn, retain, and present product, menu, and allergy information to guests.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the restaurant point-of-sale system is required.
- Restaurant inventory and invoicing software proficiency may be required.
- Good communication skills, able to work well in a team or independently.
- Flexible schedule, available to work weekends, nights, and holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.