The Case Managers (CM) have Eating Disorder training/specialization. The case managers are solely dedicated to Eating Disorder diagnosed customers. The same CM works with the customer throughout any Eating Disorder episode of care.
The ideal candidate for this position is a licensed professional with a background in the insurance industry as a case manager in a behavioral healthcare role or an individual who has worked in a mental health or eating disorder treatment facility in the area of utilization management, or in direct provision of service as a mental health counselor.
When an individual or family member contacts Cigna Behavioral Health for assistance related to Eating Disorder, they are assigned to an Eating Disorder Case Manager who will assist the family by providing ongoing case management, addressing questions and concerns related to Eating Disorder benefits, treatments and community supports.
- Complete Utilization Case Management throughout any Inpatient Hospitalization episode of care.
- Provide services that will assist the customer/family members in understanding their options based on their benefits.
- Educate the customer/family members about treatment options, including the need for medical interventions (if appropriate).
- Refer to Health Professionals with Eating Disorder expertise.
- Refer/educate regarding appropriate community resources.
- Provide coaching that will assist the customer in meeting their goals.
- A Case Manager plans, implements, and evaluates appropriate health care services in conjunction with the physician treatment plan. They are responsible for educating and motivating customers to participate in community programs. Manages own case load and coordinates all assigned cases.
- A Case Manager ensures that case management program objectives are met by evaluating the effectiveness of alternative care services and that cost effective, quality care is maintained.
- Case managers provide varying levels of mental health case management services, crisis/triage referral services, and initial and concurrent clinical review with providers (telephonically) for continued authorization. Also consult with psychiatrists and other health professionals for crisis assessment/referrals, case management oversight and follow-up. Experience with UM (Utilization Management) is preferred as Case Managers review with providers.
Requires Master's degree mental health discipline and independent licensure to practice in the state of employment (LICSW, LMFT, LPC, LPCC, Licensed Psychologist or Psych RN)
Three to five years post-license mental health experience
High Energy and Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Strong computer and software application skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
Demonstrated ability to set priorities including, but not limited to time management and organizational skills
Effective negotiation skills
Passion for health improvement of members
Eating Disorder treatment experience preferable
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.