Freshly is a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easy (for all kinds of people with all kinds of different needs) by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being a part of history and future success.
- Lead, plan, organize and control the operation of the warehouse.
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company plans and vision and communicate them to subordinates.
- Evaluate warehouse slotting and provide the skills and training for 100% execution and accuracy.
- Ensure compliance with all shipping SOPs.
- Maintain high standard of employee motivation, relationship and team harmony. Ensuring the required appropriate standard of job performance and employee discipline.
- Develop and maintain a specified inventory transaction metric that measures accuracy of receipts, reclasses, and requisitions.
- Update warehouse policies and procedures.
- Communicate daily status of finished orders and product shortages to Operations Manager.
- Maintain and ensure proper use of all warehouse equipment.
- Manage all order assembly processes and ensure completion and accuracy.
- Manage requisition functions for both shifts, while maintaining a specified level of accuracy.
- Organize & maintain all product in accordance with FIFO and inventory location standards.
- Ensure all shipping paperwork is completed and processed in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Optimize the warehouse space and improve warehouse processes.
- Evaluate, develop and improve warehouse training program.
- Hire, train, develop warehouse supervisors and leads.
- Ensure quality, safety and good manufacturing processes (GMPs) are followed.
- Comply with FDA, USDA and HACCP standards.
- Interact with local, state, federal and third party inspectors.
- Monitor, manage and improve employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Prepare and submit performance reports.
- Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures and undertake disciplinary actions when appropriate.
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Identify and resolve employee, customer, and/or supplier concerns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field (e.g., Management, Business Administration, Industrial Management).
- 7-10 years in warehousing, receiving, inventory control or materials management in a manufacturing environment, with 5 years of supervisory experience including evaluating, mentoring, and developing Supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees.
- Strong change management skills.
- Key leadership competencies in addition to high ethical standards, strong values, integrity, drive to deliver results, pride in personal and team performance, decision quality, building effective teams, and action orientation are fundamental imperatives.
Freshly is a weekly subscription service delivering healthy and fully prepared meals directly to a customer’s doorstep. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit. Freshly makes embracing a healthier lifestyle deliciously simple, one box at a time. For more information, visit www.freshly.com.
Here’s some chatter about us:
WSJ - Nestle Buys Stake in Freshly, Putting Healthy Food On The Menu
Fortune - Nestle Leads $77M Funding Round In Meal-Delivery Startup Freshly
Techcrunch - Nestlé leads $77M Round For Healthy Meal Startup Freshly
- WSJ - Freshly Hires It's New CMO From Spotify - Mayur Gupta
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!