The DevOps Engineer will work with developers to facilitate better coordination among operations, development, and testing functions by automating and streamlining the integration and deployment processes within the company environment.
What we’re looking for:
- More than two years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and Public Cloud Services.
- Strong experience with databases such as SQL, Postgres, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, and/or Mongo.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, WorkFront, Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, etc.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience in working with Puppet or Chef for automation and configuration.
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
What you can expect:
- Automating operational functions in order to support production environments
- Designing and implementing tools for managing the infrastructure and programming clean & re-usable code.
- Developing code for extensive test coverage, performing continuous deployment in a professional software engineering environment.
- Working on various platforms with different programming languages and supporting production cluster management systems.
- Managing code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
- Configuring server images, including automation of patching and server deployments.
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices that are used to stand up production, test and development environments.
- Troubleshooting issues that arise during testing and production, working with the development teams in catching and solving issues.
- Automating testing system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
- Automating operational processes to help ensure compliance with security requirements.
- Collaborating with team to establish DevOps best practices.
- Working with CI/CD tools, and source control such as GIT and BitBucket.
- Offering technical support where needed, developing software for back-end systems.
Compri Consulting has been excelling in IT solutions since 1992. We firmly believe in the importance and value of people and personal relationships. Our organized and unique approach has yielded quality results time after time. For additional Compri job opportunities, please check out http://careerportal.compri.com/#/jobs