Customer Assistance Representative Part Time (Phoenix, AZ, US)
American Airlines is seeking Part Time Customer Assistance Representatives at the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the CWA-IBT Collective Bargaining Agreement
This job will continue to be posted at least until 06/27/22. If interested, please apply prior to this date.
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
The Customer Assistance Representative interacts with customers in a courteous, efficient, friendly and professional manner:
What you'll do
These are the essential functions of the job
This list is intended to reflect the current job but there may be additional essential functions (and non-essential job functions) that are not referenced. Management will modify the job or require other tasks be performed when operationally necessary, observing, of course, any legal obligations including any collective bargaining obligations.
- Greeting customers when they enter the airport or arrive in the ticket area
- Monitor the ticket counter area to ensure it is in compliance with safety policies and procedures
- Assisting customers with self-service kiosk check-in and kiosk baggage processing (e.g., printing boarding passes and receipts)
- Servicing and maintaining kiosk machines (e.g., load paper, clean surfaces)
- Troubleshooting kiosk technology issues to identify the source of issues or errors
- Communicating with IT about kiosk technology issues that require additional servicing
- Verifying that customers’ carry-on baggage complies with FAA/American Airlines polices (e.g., size, quantity)
- Verifying and clearing travel documents (e.g., passports, visas) for customers traveling internationally (e.g., using the Timatic database available in the kiosk)
- Assisting customers with checked baggage processing (e.g., completing credit card transaction, self-tagging, verifying weight)
- Queuing lines in ticket counter areas based on departure times or type of assistance needed (e.g., special assistance, to reduce volume of lines or wait time)
- Accepting and activating customers’ self-tagged baggage at the activation station
- Physically moving baggage throughout the ticket counter area (e.g., move checked baggage to belt, move oversized bags to designated oversized baggage location)
- Assisting customers with checking their assistive devices, sporting equipment, and other oversized items (e.g., verify adherence to appropriate policies)
- Refer customers to customer service agents when appropriate
- Performing clearance and verification of documents at kiosks
- Assisting with the physical movement of non-ambulatory customers as they board, deplane, or otherwise move throughout the gate and larger terminal area
- Assisting unaccompanied minors with boarding, deplaning, or other transportation
- Providing customers with gate information and directions
- Performing paging activities (e.g., to announce forgotten items, to ask customers to return to locked bags) (at some airports)
- Possibly performing additional related duties as deemed operationally necessary by management consistent with the collective bargaining agreement
- Reporting to position on time, as scheduled, and at your assigned station or location, including mandatory overtime requirements, varying shifts, weekends, and holidays Complete job-relevant trainings
- Adhere to government regulations (e.g., DOT, FAA, TSA)
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and performance standards
- Wear uniforms as required by company policy
- Provide quality customer service in a professional manner in accordance with American’s guidelines
- Use multiple internal resources/systems, including during customer interactions
* Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualifying individuals with disabilities.
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High School diploma or GED or international equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language.
- Bilingual language skills may be required in some locations
- Applicable valid driver’s license as required by local authorities
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screen, comprehensive background check and/or fingerprinting to satisfy company and security requirements
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Working knowledge of Sabre or any other Passenger Service System
- Previous face to face Customer Service experience
- Working in a fast pace environment
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Travel to the interview and any subsequent relocation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate