Freshly is one of the fastest-growing food-tech startups and the largest fresh-prepared meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easier by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to consumers. We’re passionate about changing the food industry by pioneering a new way to think about meal delivery, access to fresh and healthy food, and how we eat in general. If helping build a brand that will fundamentally transform an industry is exciting to you, read on!
At Freshly, our mission is to make our customers happy, healthy and free to pursue their passions. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being part of history and future success. Our employees in production and logistics are critical to ensuring we make and deliver on-time excellent quality product to our customers. The kitchen cook tier 1 employee will assist in the cooking process of our gourmet meals we provide to our customers.
The Culinary Production Technician assists the production and culinary team in collecting accurate product data to ensure specification compliance, product optimization and overall meal quality. The Culinary Technician works across all food operation areas of Freshly’s production facilities. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job-related responsibilities and duties throughout the facility as assigned and or as necessary.
Shift is Friday-Monday - 2:00 pm start time
- Collect meal component data during production to validate specification compliance; verify data accuracy through repetitive testing.
- Support production through product preparation and documentation of requested ingredients and meal components.
- Implement and perform testing in a manufacturing environment to optimize recipe performance and production efficiencies.
- Audit weight and yield compliance throughout production areas.
- Execute and prepare prototype samples based on recipes provided.
- Ensure samples collected are prepared, bagged, labeled, dated and contained per process; when applicable, ensure that all products are ready and shipped complete, accurate and on time.
- As available, assist Culinary Development in testing new recipes, trialing product enhancements, and other production-based development tasks.
- Ensure quality, safety, product specifications and good manufacturing processes (GMPs) are followed
- Comply with FDA, USDA and HACCP standards.
- Ability to taste, smell and see well enough to discriminate quantity and quality of individual flavor components.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands and arms to handle, feel and reach, push, pull, bend and twist.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, move up and down stairs; frequently push, pull, move, lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Visually inspects equipment and locates merchandise and other objects.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Read information, often in small print.
- Enter and locate information on a computer system or communication device.
- Write documents, reports, etc. using a writing instrument (e.g., pencil, pen) or computer.
- Works in active kitchen areas with hot equipment and perishable food products.
- May require work in grill and oven areas with extreme heat conditions and frequent interaction with heated equipment.
- Food preparation, food handling and cooking required.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in all required areas.
- Work in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold from 0 to 100 degrees, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions.
- Work in areas with slippery and/or wet conditions near water.
- Frequently work near equipment and mechanical moving parts.
- Regular exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Work overnight, weekends, and rotating/varying shifts.
- Move through narrow, enclosed, or elevated spaces.
- High school diploma required.
- Culinary Degree, Culinology Degree or equivalent background and experience preferred.
- 2+ years experience in food manufacturing and/or large volume food service production.
- Meticulous attention to detail including math and communication skills.
- Must have high standards for food quality and customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of high-volume kitchen logistics.
- Comfortable in an industrial kitchen, pilot plant or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Proficient computer skills (Google Docs, etc.) preferred.
- Basic understanding of food safety; ServSafe or similar preferred.
- Must be able to successfully pass a 7 year background check.
Freshly is a weekly subscription service delivering healthy and fully prepared meals directly to a customer’s doorstep. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit. Freshly makes embracing a healthier lifestyle deliciously simple, one box at a time. For more information, visit www.freshly.com.
Here’s some chatter about us:
WSJ - Nestle Buys Stake in Freshly, Putting Healthy Food On The Menu
Fortune - Nestle Leads $77M Funding Round In Meal-Delivery Startup Freshly
Techcrunch - Nestlé leads $77M Round For Healthy Meal Startup Freshly
- WSJ - Freshly Hires It's New CMO From Spotify - Mayur Gupta
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!