The Creator's Studio Coordinator serves as the face of JOANN to work with our customers to provide exceptional customer service, create interest, drive inspiration and increase sales through event and classroom participation. Networking skills, strong relationships in the community and great multi-tasking abilities is the key to success in this role.
- Ensures friendly and knowledgeable service is provided to every customer. Maintains visibility in the Creator's Studio and sales floor to assist customers and Team Members. Monitors feedback on quality of events, and class delivery and content, and ensures feedback is shared with store leadership team and SSC partners. Guides Team Members on Creator's Studio offerings to encourage support for class and event participation/enrollments. Exemplifies strong problem-solving skills, and can handle multiple projects or events at one time. Processes sales transactions by using proper cash handling procedures. Promotes and updates customer mailing list.
- Through strong networking skills, proactively drives Creator's Studio events and activities through our customers, businesses and organizations throughout the community using provided marketing and direct contact. Understands and supports the JOANN brand by ensuring instructors and facilitators are hired and trained to provide the best in class experience through our events, demos, parties, socials and core class program. Maintains schedule for all activities throughout store, Creator's Studio, JOANN+ rentals and events that drive interest and inspiration. In addition to ensuring safety guidelines are followed by all participants, maintains an organized, neat and well stocked and presentable studio. Processes all paperwork and other company documents in a timely and accurate manner. Reviews Creators Studio P&L statement with SM and identifies opportunities to increase sales.
- Supports teamwork and collaboration with all store Team Members. Displays friendly approach with customers and coworkers, and has strong communication skills. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Have strong technology and organization skills. Performs duties with integrity and professionalism and abides by Code of Business Conduct and Ethics. Works scheduled hours and follows meal and break requirement. Ensures all time worked is recorded and payroll records are accurate. Arrives to work on time, in dress code, and ready to perform job responsibilities. Completes all tasks in a timely and accurate manner. Follows all other Company policies and procedures.
- Minimum: High School or GED.
- Preferred: 2 Year / Associate Degree.
- Minimum: 1+ years event coordination experience; Strong knowledge of POS system and Windows-based computer applications; Retail operations familiarity.
- Preferred: Event planner or project management experience.
- Working knowledge of Scheduling software.
- Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure including distractions and interruptions.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work a varied schedule based on business needs.