Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Cost Performance Engineer in Value Engineering is responsible for developing and leading cost reduction initiatives in ISC Engineering. This requires extensive coordination, negotiation and partnering with Engineering, Program Management and other functions within the Integrated Supply Chain.
- Conduct supplier workshops and product line deep dives to identify new cost take out ideas on Honeywell Products
- Directly manage Value Engineering and strategic cost take out projects aligned with business and M&PM plans
- Executes the Value Engineering process and ensures consistent application across all projects
- Accountable for budget and schedule management of Value Engineering projects
- Creates and maintains effective linkages with engineering and the business segments
- Acts as a focal for business driven cost-out initiatives and strategies
- Provides technical support to current Value Engineering projects in execution, to improve product cost, producibility, and yield
- Aligns with Materials Management to achieve synergies in cost take out efforts and to ensure that strategic roadmaps are followed
- Develops short, medium and long term projects through deep dives and supplier workshops to maintain a portfolio of potential projects to support AOP and STRAP planning
- Develops and maintains required reporting templates and tools to support project reviews, Management Operating Reviews and clearinghouses as needed
You Must have:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or other Supply Chain related field
- Due to ITAR restrictions, must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must graduate after December 2020
- Program Management or Integrated Supply Chain experience with experience in multiple areas
- Knowledge of Repair and Overhaul or Defense and Space processes preferred with experience in the Repair and Overhaul business a plus
- Complex machining knowledge
- Experience performing product manufacturing cost analysis preferred
- Ability to understand and establish priorities in a complex and demanding environment
- Work in a matrix environment with a focus on building relationships and driving improvements over multiple locations
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- A self-starter who takes the initiative, and is well organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Possess a positive attitude and professional image with impeccable business ethics
- A change agent with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 1300 W Warner Rd., Tempe, AZ 85284 USA
- Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
The Future is What We Make It