The Corporate Strategy Senior Associate is a key contributor to the development and maintenance of enterprise strategy and strategic recommendations to ensure the company meets short and long-term goals. The position collaborates with business leaders and product managers to ensure the right work is being done as well as manages processes to facilitate execution and communication of strategy and related initiatives.
- Provide strategic recommendations by developing high-quality strategic options and recommendations for topics critical to enterprise strategy and growth.
- Gather qualitative and quantitative industry data and competitive information from publicly available sources, subscribed databases, expert interviews, and from internal UOPX business units to integrate, analyze and summarize the data to derive insightful conclusions that maximize business impact and support strategic decision making.
- Create presentations and reports to clearly communicate strategic recommendations and supporting data to senior stakeholders. Execute various analyses (e.g., market sizing, competitor analysis) to support the strategic recommendations.
- Partner with business unit leaders to define the business stakeholder vision at the initiative (Epic) level, influencing scope and delivery options. Act as liaison with business leaders and product managers to ensure clear communication and understanding of product offerings and upcoming changes.
- Support the development of business case problem statement, hypothesis, metrics, and outcomes.
- Effectively negotiate with business stakeholders to align objectives concerning project timing, effort, and scope. Structure and manage meetings with key stakeholders to share out proposed work, get alignment, and identify risks and dependencies.
- Promote agile and SAFe principles in the management of a portfolio of initiatives. Support processes to facilitate execution and communication of strategy and related initiatives.
- Manage internal strategy site and draft communications to ensure alignment and visibility of strategy and aligned initiatives across all levels of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
NOTE: The primary accountabilities above are intended to describe the general content and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed above. Specific goals or responsibilities will be documented in the incumbents' performance objectives as outlined by the incumbents' immediate supervisor or manager.
Job Supervisory Responsibilities
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Engineering, Business Administration)
- Four (4) years of experience in consulting, including managing execution of technology products
- Experience leading and driving multiple complex projects spanning multiple departments
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- MBA with a demonstrated record of success or equivalent business and analytical background
- Top-tier strategy consulting, product management, or project management experience
- Higher education industry experience
- Ability to analyze and interpret qualitative and quantitative data; diagnose complex product and business challenges; formulate solutions; and then support execution of solution
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of the higher education landscape and trends, specifically as it relates to online and adult learners
- Strong verbal and written presentation abilities to communicate complex strategic topics clearly and articulately
- Good attention to detail resulting in a quality work output, and good stakeholder management skills
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
The University does not discriminate in its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities on the basis of sex/gender. Sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence, and stalking are forms of sex discrimination, which are prohibited under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and by University policy. Reports of misconduct, questions regarding Title IX, and concerns about noncompliance should be directed to the Title IX Coordinator:
Bridget Beville, JD, Title IX Coordinator
4025 S. Riverpoint Parkway
Mail Stop: CF-K303
Phoenix, AZ 85040
For a complete copy of the University's Equal Opportunity, Harassment and Nondiscrimination Policy and additional information on Title IX, please click the Title IX Information link at the bottom of the page.