Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes. Our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised over $135M to date and have offices across the US in Oakland, California, Dallas,Texas and New York, NY with approximately 400 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
We've built an amazing culture where everyone has a voice. We're nice. We get things done. We have fun. We believe in work-life balance (yes, you can really take a vacation). And our values are pretty B.A.D.A.S.S.
Be customer obsessed.
Act like an owner, because you are one.
Don't be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
All of us are empowered to do the right thing.
Stay curious and create what's next. Fast.
Seriously. No jerks.
The Construction Manager will help build and maintain a portfolio of single-family homes, create and uphold the high standard set for our finished rental products, and manage all construction projects in the assigned territory. The responsibilities will include initial renovation, make ready oversight, quality control, and related warranty maintenance. This role will also be responsible for sourcing, coaching, and maintaining a working relationship with local service vendors to support construction activities in those markets. This position will also manage a local team of field professionals.
What You Will Do:
- Write and review scopes of work including labor, materials, workmanship, timing, final product, and quality control.
- Coordinate occupancy inspections, when needed, and facilitate final repairs to obtain approval for occupancy.
- Establish and maintain coordinated efforts with Acquisitions, Property Management, and Leasing operations.
- Select and manage contractors/subcontractors/vendors; consistently pursuing and cultivating additional relationships.
- Identify improvement areas internally and work closely with all internal stakeholders to prepare solutions.
- Conducts all business in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations (such as lead based paint, ADA, Fair Housing, HAZCOM programs, and OSHA).
- Manage and serve as escalation point for a team of Field Technicians, Turn Managers, and Vendors within your assigned region, tracking projects and ensuring timely completion.
- Effectively manage, train, and develop team members to maintain engagement and success.
- Supervise a team of both hourly employees, ensuring appropriate timecard review and approval.
- Maintain status reports to track daily/weekly/monthly systems, ensuring your team is reporting accurately and efficiently.
- Manage to company goals and established performance metrics.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Regional Construction Manager.
- Regular local travel for site visits and up to 10% regional travel required within the United States.
What You Will Bring With You:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree in Business or Construction Management preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in residential construction, repairs and maintenance on single family homes.
- Reliable transportation at all times and the ability to drive 1-2 hours locally to view and inspect properties.
- 3+ years’ experience managing full time employees, contractors, and sub-contractors.
- Yardi Voyager and Salesforce experience a plus.
- Having a Home Inspector’s license is not required, but desired.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, along with a “customer service“ attitude.
- Strong computer and mobile device software and hardware skills.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Knowledge of industry standard pricing for construction and maintenance services and the ability to negotiate with vendors.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with contractors/subcontractors.
- Ability to adhere to strict timelines and deadlines.
- Ability to work evenings and weekend hours and be available for on call status.
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
Flexible time off and sick days
Supplemental bonus to support “work from home“ office needs
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
We are an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.