CNC Technician- Nights
HydroExtrusions is a world-leading aluminium extrusion business counting around 100 production sites in 40 countries and employing 20,000 people. Through our unique combination of local expertise, global network, and unmatched R&D capabilities, we can offer everything from standards profiles, to advanced development and manufacturing for most industries.Since 1905, Hydro has turned natural resources into valuable products for people and businesses with focus on a safe and good workplace for our 30,000 employees in more than 140 locations.
Hydro is committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future and in doing so, creating more viable societies by developing natural resources into products and solutions in innovative and efficient ways to industries that matter.
Job Location: Phoenix AZ
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Parental Leave
Sets Up CNC machines and is a liaison with CNC operators.
- Complies with Lock out / tag out procedures.
- Set-up all cnc milling/turning machines in shop.
- Responsible for maintaining the tooling related to the CNC process.
- Responsible for keeping a good inventory of spare parts required for the CNC Process.
- Interpret blue prints and inspect the work piece with all types of inspection equipment (height gauge, calipers, micrometers, etc.)
- Troubleshootand actively participate to analyze and resolve work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Must be able to train and qualify CNC Operators.
- Must be able to understand and deliver basic commands in English
- Must have good inspections skills
- Must have excellent math skills
- Knowledge of tooling (fixtures, vises, or other work holding devices, etc.)
- Knowledge of cutting tools (end mills, drills, taps, reamers, etc.)
Education and Work Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum two years experience in CNC machining.
- Close tolerance expertise (.0005).
- Layout and white programs for prototypes and sample for machining and turning centers with response times.
- Set-up all machines in shop.
At Hydro youre part of a bigger story. A story shaped by you.
Please apply before:
Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
If you need an accommodation in order to complete the application, please let us know by completing the form belowor by calling +1 (412) 643-3602.