To provide the labor, skill and knowledge in performing surface preparation for coating applications per job specifications. Preparation and applications of coatings per job specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operation and maintenance of all applicable equipment.
- Evaluate surface preparation to assure accuracy and compliance to SSPC Codes.
- Apply coatings to wet mils necessary to achieve the dry mils required by the job specifications.
- Knowledge of different types of coatings and application methods.
- Knowledge of Enviromental rules and regulations.
- Use of grinders, chippers, sanders, and overhead cranes as needed.
- Read and layout work orders or receive instructions from supervisor regarding cleaning.
- Reading piece mark numbers.
- Need to know SSPC Codes.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 12 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
May include but not limited to use of a blaster, sprayer and air compressor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. The employee must occasionally push and/or pull a maximum force of 200 ft-lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Close mental and visual application required to interpret drawings, layout, plan work, and weld. Good judgment in determining best method and procedure to be followed. Able to work on jobs while applying safety rules at all times.
Reasonable accommodations are made upon request to those who qualify under the Americans With Disabilities Act.
Schuff Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan.