Business Intelligence Developer
The position is a client facing role responsible for working closely with both internal teams and external customers to understand, define, and produce program related reports. Responsibilities include interpreting data, creating ad hoc reports, modifying and updating standard reports when applicable, perform statistical analysis, analyze data to forecast trends and conduct predictability outcomes. The analyst will also participate in client meetings, strategy sessions, and quarterly business reviews. He/she must possess knowledge and experience necessary to offer recommendations and propose solutions for complex business problems and/or systems enhancements.
- Create and maintain program operational and financial dashboard for review by customer management and senior leadership
- Maintain metrics for program adherence to contracted service levels as well as savings and expenses
- Responsible for developing, interpreting and implementing financial concepts for financial planning and control.
- Performs technical analysis to determine present and future program performance.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for, forecasting program activity, trended future requirements, and operating forecasts.
- Performs research and studies in the areas of market trends, program outcomes and program utilization.
- Serves as department Excel and Business Objects super user resource
- Assist with evaluating and implementing technology enhancements including business case analysis and Capital Expense Request preparation
- Assist with preparation & formatting for various presentations such as budgets, project updates, etc.
- Design, create and implement reports to analyze and display data for all assigned projects and client requests utilizing SQL, SalesForce, and Business Objects.
- Document and understand project requirements, reporting data mapping and data warehouse repositories for assigned programs.
- Complete full documentation of reports developed utilizing Business Requirement Documents that will be customer facing documents.
- Receive and respond to data requests to ensure projects in queue are accurately prioritized, designed, estimated and delivered to all shareholders (client and internal teams).
- Ensure reports are scheduled, audited and delivered according to client expectations and established Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Act as primary reporting contact/liaison for Client Managers and Application Technology Partners to ensure data warehouse structures, universes, and associated data satisfactorily meets reporting requirements.
- Develop and execute acceptance test plans to ensure data warehouse structures, universes, and associated data accurately meet business requirements.
Minimum Requirements 5+ years' experience in analytics or data related fields
- Ability to design, create and implement reports to analyze and display data for all assigned projects and delivered according to client expectations and established SLAs.
- Advanced Microsoft Office experience (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project), Visio, SharePoint, SQL, Business Objects, and Salesforce.
- Ability to review all program data, perform analysis, notice trends, research and suggest solutions.
- Experience in dissecting and deriving solutions to business or technical problems; has the ability to think out of the box and suggest multiple approaches; has the ability to integrate new information to create additional insights
- Ability to lead and conduct customer meetings in order to understand business needs.
- Experience in developing models to represent current and future impacts to the program and organization.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Experience creating dashboards in Tableau
- Healthcare or Call Center reporting experience, highly desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Exercise excellent judgment within defined standards and guidelines to manage conflict resolution and/or ambiguous situations
- Experience developing partnerships with the technical, business, and sales teams utilizing strong communication and team building skills