Business Development Representative
Are you someone with strong oral, written and interpersonal skills who loves working with people? Are you searching for a career working in a fun and dynamic environment? Is growth and development what you are looking for? As the largest consolidated trucking company in the world, we offer this and more in our Logistics Division as a Logistics Business Development Representative.
Most companies talk about culture—The amazing office they work out of, fun events and awesome perks. Yes we have all that, but culture is more than that. We firmly believe it’s about rallying people who enjoy each other’s company and respect each other’s skill sets. It’s about working alongside people you rely on talk business strategy one moment, then grab chicken fingers with you the next. (Yes, we have a café onsite). This opportunity will focus on negotiating transportation cost of hire, expanding customer relationships and market share, and utilizing all the transportation services we offer in order to solve logistical problems and service customer needs.
Working here is very challenging. But you’ll absolutely love it.
- BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS-* We offer a highly interactive role working with carriers, customers, and our internal Team. Our ideal candidate possesses professionalism and strong communications skills and will provide great customer service and support. Work and provide business development to some of the biggest suppliers, retailers, and brands in the world and you can be their point of contact.
- CUSTOMER DEVELOPMENT-* Utilize all options in the Knight Swift network to provide solutions for customer challenges while using innovative prospecting and solicitation techniques for new customer opportunities. Use our wide network of service offerings to bring new business, reactivate older customers, and find new opportunities in the customers we currently use.
- WORKING WITH A TEAM-* Act with professionalism, respect, proactive communication skills, and strong work ethic to build success as an individual and as a member of the KNIGHT team. Our ideal candidates also work well within a Team and strive to achieve overall strategic goals and operational excellence, continuously. We offer individuals the ability to grow and support each Team Member’s success with ongoing training and coaching.
- COMPETITIVE WAGES AND BENEFITS-* View our openings and apply today to be a Transportation Analyst with our Team! We offer a competitive salary with bonus incentive structure with medical/dental/401Kbenefit options.
What does success look like?
- Growth measured monthly in both new opportunities brought into network, and the volume of growth each opportunity brings.
- Constant and professional communication internally with our Operations, Accounts, and Pricing teams, as well as comparable divisions in our other divisions.
- Evaluation and review of customer book of business with our credit and billing departments.
- Vanguard sales for the entire Knight & Swift market offering.
Okay, now I’m intrigued. Who are you looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or relevant experience required.
- Impeccable follow-through and commitment to quality customer service
- Aptitude for working in a fast-paced, high intensity office environment
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proven analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy- often over career experience.
- Will back up our talk with competitive compensation, challenging projects, awesome coworkers and the rare tribal atmosphere that also values individuality
- Are excited to hear from YOU!