Bilingual Health Information Specialist
Do you have experience in a medical, scientific or public healt discipline? Are you able to effectively communicate in English/Spanish? GDIT has a great opportunity for you.
The Health Specialist role is to provide advanced and accurate clinical inquiry responses to health related, disease control and prevention issues, including questions related to bioterrorism, first responders and national emergency situations from medical and other health care professionals, educators, and government agencies.
*Position is located in Phoenix AZ and possible remote
- Provide advanced clinical inquiry responses (verbal and written) to health related inquiries from consumers, educators and medical/health professionals including State and local health departments and other government offices;
- Provide subject matter expertise on CDC topics covered by CDC–INFO which includes HIV/AIDS, Immunizations, Environmental Health, NIOSH; Tuberculosis and Statistics, to name a few.
- Respond to inquiries resulting from current events, such as food outbreaks, natural disasters and other events.
- Perform advanced database searches.
- Perform assigned work in accordance with quality assurance measures.
- Respond to medical personnel and clinicians in both verbal and written formats.
- English or Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Experience in medical, scientific and public health discipline.
- Clinical knowledge of and experienced in CDC related topics.
- Proficient internet search skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn and utilize software applications.
- Excellent listening, comprehension, communications (verbal and written), problem solving and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively.
- Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.