Assistant Electrical Designer - Substation (Phoenix)
An Assistant Electrical Designer will assist in variousphases of planning, site evaluations, analytical designs, report preparation,specifications, and preparation of proposal and construction documentation andelectrical plans as part of a project team. This position will work on variousprojects with a diverse portfolio of project types and clients.
- Assist in designing various electrical projectdesigns including creating electrical schematics, grid plan layouts, electricalpower systems, lighting systems, protection and controls, and site and facilitydesign. Follow all company, client and project design and draftingstandards.
- Assist with set up of electrical CADconfiguration and procedures according to project requirements at the beginningof a project for the electrical design team.
- Assist in preparing engineering drawings fromrough sketches or from general engineering and design information (verbalinstructions and notes) using CAD software programs
- Assist with a full range of drawing productionwork including problem analysis, design layout and calculations on non-routineassignments of substantial variety and complexity.
- Assist with a variety of assignments usingprescribed methods and standard techniques including drawing sequence andpresentation, sizing various system components and refining roughsketches.
- Assist with initial rough designs or sketchesand redlines or mark-ups on ongoing projects.
- Assist with analyzing reports, drawings, andtests, to plan and design projects.
- Apply design codes and specifications related todesign requirements.
- Complete and review design drawings withinscope, budget and schedule. Perform poject tasks and assignments withinbudgeted hours and deadlines.
- Incorporate schedules, budgets and projectcriteria into electrical design and layouts.
- Organize and maintain all revisions of projectdrawings, plot files and project-related information in a logical and well-structuredmanner.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor'sdegree in drafting technology or related field and two years related experienceor associate's degree and three years related experience or four yearsprogressive detailing and design experience.
- Strongunderstanding of design software such as: AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Excel todevelop the design deliverables. Ability to learn and effectively utilizenew design software programs.
- Ability toutilize both 2D and 3D applications to prepare engineering drawings.
- Basicknowledge in design, calculations and design systems.
- Basicknowledge in the theory and practices of engineering discipline; competent inthe fundamental concepts of other disciplines as they relate to the assigneddiscipline; and capable of operating related discipline design softwarenecessary to execute production tasks.
- Ability towork collaboratively with others (Project Managers, Engineers and Designers) ina multi-discipline project team environment to resolve design or drawing issuesas appropriate and to accomplish objectives.
- Excellentwritten & verbal communication skills.
- Stronganalytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.