At Swift, our greatest asset is OUR PEOPLE! We strive to be the best and give our best every day. We are passionate about learning and cultivating an environment of safety, honesty and mutual respect. We are a family where everyone has a voice and plays an essential role in our overall success and the success of our drivers. Your voice and perspective matter at Swift Transportation. We understand that you are the subject matter expert, and we trust you to ideate and execute those ideas based on the best interest of the company.
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Responsible for account analysis, conducting research and providing resolution for inconsistencies and periodic reporting and compliance as well as processing payments.
- Conduct monthly Accounts Payable (AP) to General Ledger (GL) reconciliation; identify and research discrepancies, proactively resolve and perform follow up to ensure corrections.
- Forecasts, monitors and tracks cash flow (weekly, monthly, quarterly etc.). Prepares cash flow reports, and identifies and evaluates variances.
- Works closely with Treasury Leadership and personnel to accurately forecast cash disbursements and effectively communicate any abnormalities in disbursements or open invoices.
- Review and reconcile monthly invoicing for Logistics division; provide AP support in following up on any inquiries or issues relating to Logistics AP processing.
- Generate and maintain Minority Spend reporting to suppliers; ensure reporting is accurate and timely. Conduct follow up on any reporting inquiries.
- Prepare annual 1099 forms; identify necessary corrections and complete IRS filings to ensure state and federal requirements are met.
- Process of all vendor payments for various company departments (via check, ACH, Giro, Vcard) using company systems in line with company guidelines and policy.
- Complete analysis of open vendor invoices; reconcile invoices and attend vendor meetings to ensure information sharing and resolution of disparities. Review vendor master file and convert vendors to VCard payment acceptance.
- Conduct data gathering, research and verification on unclaimed property (before turning over to states) and state sales tax refund.
- Review and research aged trial balances.
- Prepare daily cash disbursement report for management.
- Research vendor payments for various occurrences (cleared checks, lost checks, etc) via phone and email to ensure payment procedures are followed and minimize errors.
- Drive process improvement initiatives; identify process gaps, research and develop streamlined processes and initiate and implement best practices.
- Perform investigative research on potentially fraudulent checks and ensure status updates are made to leadership, bank notifications are made, and further appropriate measures are done.
- Provide department assistance as appropriate; assist with day-to-day inquiries from both internal and external customers, system issues, vendor questions, treasury functions. Provide back up support to leadership and department personnel as necessary.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by leadership.
- Skills: Thorough knowledge of accounts payable, general ledger systems, procedures and financial chart of accounts; strong understanding of accounting concepts and capability to apply core general ledger/accounting concepts of debit, credit, accrual, allocation, invoicing and posting; strong organizational and time management skills; ability to multitask while demonstrating a sense of urgency; ability to digest high level of information and prioritize accordingly in a fast paced environment; strong analytical and problem solving skills; research and resolution skills; team-oriented with strong leadership skills; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; customer service skills with successful track record of interacting with both internal and external clients in a positive and productive manner using courtesy and good judgment; ability to work independently (as well within a team environment) with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness; strong Excel skills (pivot tables and v-lookup); detail oriented; outstanding initiative; reliable with strong work ethic; strong integrity and professionalism; ability to maintain confidentiality of information; demonstrated skills in understanding and adhering to policies, procedures and operating controls to ensure consistency and timeliness of execution along with protection of company assets.
- Education: Associates or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Experience Required: Five (5) years accounts payable/accounting.
- Experience in understanding and adhering to policies, procedures and operating controls to ensure consistency and timeliness of execution along with protection of company assets preferred.
What we offer:
Our benefits are top notch. Sure, we could wow you with the normal benefits plan, but we decided to kick it into overdrive and see if we can push the pedal to the metal. These benefits are so hot, you need A/C on full blast to read this list.
- Bonus pay based on company performance
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Supplemental Benefits
- Disability Insurance
- Financial Wellness Program
- Employee Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.