AmerisourceBergen, a leading healthcare solutions company, is looking for a Account Manager for one of its key and growing subsidiaries, PharMEDium, a leading compound pharmacy.
PharMEDium's Mission is to be the preeminent provider of choice for pharmacy outsourced sterile intravenous admixture compounding services, supporting the triad of care that exists between patients, clinicians and pharmacists. Our goal is to provide the highest quality service, facilitating the best clinical care and patient safety.
As Account Manager, you will represent and promote the full portfolio of Compounded Sterile Preparations by interacting with established customer base and through the development of new prospects. Utilize product specialist to provide technical support when selling PharMEDium's system wide product lines; OR syringes and ICU IV products.
- Responsible for achieving sales targets through the promotion of the PharMEDium service line. Implement sales strategies to attain sales targets and profit objective.
- Calls on prospective customers, masters, effective sales presentations, and establishes appropriate customer relationships
- Prepare and present sales reports and customer business reviews; identifying trends, additional business opportunities, and obstacles to new business growth.
- Monitors sales against forecasts and participates in the determination of potential incremental business for the territory.
- Works closely with internal departments (customer service, sales operations, etc.) as well as field based teams (National Accounts, Product Specialist, etc.) to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a strong, positive relationship with accounts at all relevant levels inside the hospital and pharmacy operations. Develop contact tree within all accounts.
- Understand how each account maintains and utilizes medication, how to drive peer to peer influence to position PharMEDium products, and how hospitals evaluate CSP's.
- Provides feedback to immediate supervisor and Marketing Manager regarding recommendations for new services, market trends, and customer inquiries.
- Performs other duties as assigned (Trade shows, CRM use, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field, with five or more years of successful, relevant healthcare experience with pharmacy focus.
- Hospital IV Solution and/or Injectable sales experience a plus.
- Must be able to show flexibility and focus in a dynamic environment.
- Must have a high degree of self-direction, self motivation, and passion for the business.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, including negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data for effective sales strategies; ability to adapt to customers' changing needs. Experience with Contract Management helpful.
- Travel required, to include multi-state region.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.