With a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation’s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. As one of the 10 largest insurance brokerage firms in the U.S., Alliant operates through a national network of offices providing property and casualty, workers’ compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to clients nationwide.
More information is available on the company's web site at: www.alliant.com.
Acts as an agent of broker assigned accounts, including servicing and/or solicitation activities. Manages book of business and directs the work of a service team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives and develops new business leads from Producers or identifies and develops cross-sell opportunities;
- Responsible for renewal business and soliciting additional lines of coverage;
- Services accounts and provides claims assistance as needed;
- Completes applications, obtains quotes, negotiates premiums and commissions, prepares proposals and presentations;
- Binds coverage, prepares binders and delegates certificates;
- Reviews coverage, identifies deficiencies and determines appropriate level of coverage;
- Meets with clients as needed or directed by producer;
- Reviews accounting history, responds to accounting inquiries, corrects discrepancies and contacts client on receivable collections;
- Serves as technical expert, assisting department members to resolve complex issues;
- Collection of fees, reconciliation and resolution of any outstanding balances within 90 days of invoicing date;
- Complies with agency management system data standards and data integrity (enters and maintains complete and accurate information);
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
8 - 10 years related work experience
Valid insurance license
Must continue to meet Continuing Education requirements for license renewal
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Good problem solving and time management skills
Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork
Good planning, organizational and prioritization skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees’ needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
For immediate consideration for this position, please click on the “Submit Resume” button.
Alliant Insurance Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you are applying for a job and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call our Career Center at 1-877-901-9473 and let us know the nature of your request and contact information.