Stratus Lounge - Server
Req Number: 36067
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
Provide guests with quality customer service by demonstrating excellent food (if applicable) and beverage knowledge. Serve guests during their visit, and assist in the preparation of beverage service, all while providing outstanding service to our guests along the way. Act as an advocate for the bar/restaurant, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences, and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Greet and welcome our guests and promptly serve them food and beverages, receive and process orders in the POS system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that guests have an outstanding experience and look immediately into any complaints.
- Maintain cleanliness of tables, countertops, and work areas.
- Perform setup and breakdown of various stations (i.e. deli, dessert, coffee, espresso).
- Prepare drink condiments when necessary.
- Assist with seating guests and help with answering phones as business demands.
- Perform all other sidework.
- We all wear multiple hats here at Kimpton. You may need to take on responsibilities outside of this job description at times, as we all do.
What You Bring
- 1 year of previous experience in a similar or supportive role is preferred.
- Highly motivated, take initiative, and have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent wine and spirits knowledge.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to learn, retain, and present product, menu, and allergy information to guests.
- Basic math skills, able to calculate the correct bill amount and use proper credit card and cash handling skills.
- Food Handler and Alcohol Awareness Certifications (if applicable).
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia